Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Stars 2/4--TPTK against likely draw

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Villain is solid, 2+2'er.

converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Villain calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villain calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villain calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Thoughts? How many of you would call here? How often do you think you're good if you do?

BTW, DON'T TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE BET THE RIVER RATHER THAN CHECKING.

I know that. In fact, this isn't exactly how the hand went down. This is a bit of a thought experiment. I can't say too much without giving away the secret, but I'll post a revised HH and ask for further comments if I gather enough interest here.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Stars 2/4--TPTK against likely draw

I'm seeing some c/r, fold to a 3-bnet potential here...I'll have to consider it some more.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:57 PM

The way it played out it looks like villian was playing the flush draw. I call.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:04 PM

BTW, calling villain who open-limps in the CO in this hand a solid 2+2er is a little suspect. He really should be raising here.

Anyway, does villain know you're a 2+2er? If not, then this is an excellent spot for sexy (a c/r). His flop raise is unlikely to be a flush draw, since he'd want the button still in the hand. About the only hand I think you have to be afraid of is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], a hand that villain might open-limp with, and that he might play this way.

Man, it's hard to put him on a hand because that open-limp is so gross.

OTOH, if villain knows you're a 2+2er, then he may be trying to fold you with that flop raise.

Eh, c/r/f is probably good.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:10 PM

next time you change stuff around, make it so that the "solid 2+2er" doesn't open limp in the cutoff like a retard.

also, bet the river.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 PM

&lt;Grunch&gt;

Dang it, I had written this out once already and then accidentally hit the back button. Anyway...

Um, whats a "solid 2+2er" open limping with in LMP? Is he getting cute with a high PP? Maybe, but unlikely, and you're screwed if he did.

I would imagine that villian, as described, if he was on the flush draw, would either just call hoping to get the button to come along on the ride, but then again, his raise here might be the ol' "free card raise" move, which you didn't allow, but I think the overcall would be more likely if he was indeed on the draw. This looks more like a mid pocket pair where he hasn't given you credit yet for the king but wants to protect his hand from the button.

The river is nice. You successfully induced a bluff, now get paid off by calling. You are getting 9.5:1 to call.

Anyone consider a river c/r here?

&lt;/grunch&gt;
Old 11-23-2005, 01:16 PM

I've decided to c/r the river on this mofo. If he was a 2+2er, or even solid, and had a flush draw I think he calls flop. I think you see a worse TP/MP here at least twice as often as a flush.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:21 PM

Oh, but, yeah, I would have b/c'd the river in the first place, but you don't want to hear that.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:23 PM

As others have said, this is a bit odd for a solid 2+2er. Regardless, I'm with the Wookie - go for the "sexy". Check/raise the river. But it isn't because villain will bluff, as someone mentioned - it's because villain is "solid" and will value-bet and then call your check/raise because the pot is big. (Thanks Ed!)
Old 11-23-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, but, yeah, I would have b/c'd the river in the first place, but you don't want to hear that.

[/ QUOTE ]