Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: TRUE POKER STILL SUCKS......

Microbob,

Sure, I agree with you on the avatars. I use my own doctored-up version of a graphic skin with a mellow background for Party and Skins, because when you're staring at lots of windows all day long, you just want the pure information with as few distractions as possible....BUT..

UI is EVERYTHING. For new players or single table players, the graphics at TruePoker cannot be beat! I still recommend it to anyone who really just wants some poker fun and isn't necessarily looking for fish ponds. It's where I and many friends started way back, and it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Downloading again now, for some reminiscing.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:30 PM

Yeah, maybe someone should make a list of what they like about TP:

1) cashouts hit neteller instantly. Not 4 hours, not 1 hour, not 15 minutes. Right away.

2) the graphics are an entertaining break from the grind, and I keep getting hit on when I select a female avatar, it's fun.

3) the games are mostly pretty juicy, when they are running. Basically, there are two types of players: regulars, who also play at other sites, most of whom are reasonable, and fish, who play at TP because they don't know that there are much bigger sites out there (i.e. they are clueless).
Old 05-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Do bigger limit games ever go (15-30, etc)?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Don\'t be shy, tell me how you really feel .......

I have no idea if there is a difficulty with going to right click for bringing up notes, I'll pass that on.

I will also see about changing the graphics to enlarge the cards sitting in front of the far opponents, but I think the folks complaining might simply prove unhappy with the whole "First Person" presentation we offer.

Creation of an optional 2D version, the ubiquitous top down view, would be a longer term project. We have devoted resources to other items, such as "fractions", to meet market expectations.

I am soliciting opinions on a 2D version option, altho I really would prefer they post in a separate thread.

Thanks,

Truepoker CEO
Old 05-03-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do bigger limit games ever go (15-30, etc)?

Thanks,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The 15-30, not very often, and usually very short. The 10-20 more often, but often short. Both games are usually stocked with a couple of decent players...the 5-10 is much, much softer.

The 200 and 500NL go quite a bit (2-4 and 2-5 blinds respectively)
Old 05-03-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2.) Left clicking on a person brings up the notes for that person. This is an annoying feature when you are playing multiple tables. I was playing 2 True tables and 2 Empires last night and kept clicking back when it was my turn only to hit a person and have his notes come up. It would be better if you had to right click the person to bring up his notes. GamesGrid has this same annoying feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have this gripe, when I'm playing at another site at teh same time and click back to the window it pops up the notes for a player a lot of the time.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM

A change in the player notes to right clicking would be a big help, I remember this being a really annoying problem when I played at TP. It was the only real problem I had with the site. I really don't remember having too much trouble figuring out who was in the hand... but maybe my memory is fuzzy. But right clicking would be rocking.