Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM

Default top pair, monotone flop

villain has only been at the table for a few hands. he hasn't done anything noteworthy so far.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: eviljeff is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, eviljeff calls.

River: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
eviljeff ...

river action is the focus, but also what do you think of the turn call? I figured an unknown is popping me with a flush draw or weaker pair often enough. anyone 3bet here?

also, does anyone Clarkmeister the river if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: top pair, monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
river action is the focus, but also what do you think of the turn call? I figured an unknown is popping me with a flush draw or weaker pair often enough. anyone 3bet here?

also, does anyone Clarkmeister the river if a comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

@ 1/2 I think the turn call is required. They do this w/ Middle pair or worse often enough. The river I'm either check/calling or bet/calling. It's tough because we really don't know our guy yet which makes me more inclined to check call. Here's why: the turn raise means: 1. 1 pair 2. 2 pair 3. a set 4. a made straight 5. a made flush or 6. a draw for either of (4) and/or (5). I tend to assume that most unknowns are typical 1/2'ers (bad players) so bet/calling is because I beat quite a few 2 pair hands (that are more likely).
Old 10-28-2005, 01:22 AM

Vs aggro guys that like to bluff or try to raise me off my hands on scary boards I bet-call the river.

Vs unknowns I check-call the river.

With an ace of hearts on the river I get really sad, and check-call anyways.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vs aggro guys that like to bluff or try to raise me off my hands on scary boards I bet-call the river.

Vs unknowns I check-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line id take here too.