Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Default AA Turns Wheel

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) converter

--
Hero ($455.10)
MP ($187.70)
--
--

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, MP calls $14, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($34) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, MP calls $22.

Turn: ($78) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($78) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, MP pushes

it's $122 to call

Villian was 46/17/1.4 over like 30 hands, from what I could tell he is loose, not a great player

I think on the turn I hit the panic button and went for a check/call, but I'm thinking now I should bet because of the clubs, thoughts?

And I think I screwed the river too, what do you guys do?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AA Turns Wheel

Call it and pay off 66 and 67. I think it's very likely you're splitting with another ace and he played it the same as you.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:29 PM

I like betting the turn here, it gets money in with what is most likely the best hand and makes the river decisions easier.

As played, I think 888 is entirely possible. I doubt he would check 66 behind on the turn, but that's more opponent dependent than anything. I call.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:30 PM

Preflop:

You're only raising this about 3x BB here. Can go more to keep the crap out if you want.

Flop:

Why are you betting less than the pot? It's a very draw-heavy board here

The rest:

Difficult call. Odds are pretty good he doesn't have the higher straight with the preflop raise, but you never know. Obviously no flush out there.

You have a set beat, so no need to worry there.

The only thing that has you beat is 6-anything. So, best chances are:
67s
A6s

Man. Tough call. I'd love to hear how others play this. With his stats, I probably call here.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop:

You're only raising this about 3x BB here. Can go more to keep the crap out if you want.

Flop:

Why are you betting less than the pot? It's a very draw-heavy board here

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop was 3.5BB's, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna not use the convenient bet pot button preflop [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On the flop 2/3 is my standard bet. You reckon I should make my standard bet the pot when the flop is draw heavy? It makes continuation bets more expensive, but yeah maybe I'm underbetting. Anyone else want to share opinions about bet size on the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that has you beat is 6-anything. So, best chances are:
67s
A6s

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he can easily call preflop with 65s 64s 68s 67o etc. who knows what else