Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Bottom set and hating every street...

The set-up: After two major chip-spewers leave our live table, the table breaks up (I seemed to be the only one who wanted to play shorthanded [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I'm moved to another table. This is my third hand there.

BB is another refugee from the previous table: decent but still a bit loose, he's suffered a series of brutal beats from the chip-spewers (and lost a huge pot to me when his K-high two-card flush met my A-high two-card flush). He's not a happy camper and seems to be a bit tilty. His PF raising range has been variable but (edit) his post-flop raising range is less loose.

SB was racking up about four racks of chips when we sat down. People at the table are telling him "I can't believe you played that," about a recent hand. He says nothing and keeps racking, playing every hand as he does so.

Live 4/8 limit hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hero <font color="orange">feels like folding but knows he should</font> call, 1 fold, SB completes, BB raises, everyone calls, <font color="orange">including Hero, who still wants to fold but is now getting 11 to 1</font>.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, <font color="orange">feeling a little better with the folds, but still like he's gonna lose a lot of money</font>, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps <font color="orange">hoping BB has A-something</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, <font color="orange">now positive that BB has an overset but the pot's too big</font>, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero <font color="orange">bawls his eyes out as he</font> calls, SB calls.

Total Pot: 24 BB.

So...was the result an amazing, happy surprise for Hero? Was there a bet too many on the turn? Did BB tilt himself broke? What the living hell did SB have?