Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:05 PM

Default QQ flop in very large pot

Party 15/30, I followed someone on my buddy list to this game, and it turned out that all his fishy friends were there too. I have no read on the 3 bettor, I have reads on UTG1 and the BB that say they have nearly any two cards.

There's a poster in the cutoff. UTG1 limps, I raise black QQ in MP. HJ calls, Poster calls, button 3bets, SB folds, everyone calls back to me and I cap, everyone calls. 6 to the flop for 24ish bets.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: QQ flop in very large pot

Cry
Old 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM

My first instinct is to check and call one bet. I can't imagine you have the best hand here.

Edit to say I missed your backdoor flush draw. I'd call 2 bets since you'd have to be getting at least 28:2 at that point.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM

Ok, so do you want to tie yourself in to the pot, or do you want the easy exit? Betting will do the former, checking the latter. I'm a lagtard, so I vote for betting. The chances of it getting raised might be high with so many people in there, but with a fairly strong made hand and a bunch of backdoors, I want to at least see a turn. If you check the possibility of facing 2 bets cold back to you is fairly good and I wouldn't want to be in that position.

-tony
Old 12-07-2005, 02:28 PM

1 sb here stands a chance of getting you to the river. A check here means you'll only get to the turn for free some of the time. With the backdoor draws plus two-outter you have, I'd bet here and hopefully take a very valuable free card on the turn. You may also fold out KK, but I doubt it with the stats you provided.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 sb here stands a chance of getting you to the river. A check here means you'll only get to the turn for free some of the time. With the backdoor draws plus two-outter you have, I'd bet here and hopefully take a very valuable free card on the turn. You may also fold out KK, but I doubt it with the stats you provided.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the chances of a free card are very low given that he is out of position against half the field, including the preflop 3 bettor. The chance to get through the flop for one bet is more important than the chance of a free card.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the chances of a free card are very low given that he is out of position against half the field, including the preflop 3 bettor. The chance to get through the flop for one bet is more important than the chance of a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I don't understand what your implying with this? Are you saying check/call or check/fold or what?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check and muck.

While your backdoor flush draw is probably good, it might not be. If you could see the turn for one small bet, then maybe take the turn, but more likely than not, it will cost you at Least two small bets.

Sometimes life just sucks. But save your dough for when the odds are stacked in your favor.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I don't understand what your implying with this? Are you saying check/call or check/fold or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM

Anyone who claims that they can't see a turn for 2SBs here is wrong. We're looking at a bare minimum of 14:1 and Justin has a good 4 outs, after discounting all his draws. I mean, half the damn deck gives him a good draw at the river.

As far as the hand goes, I think betting isn't a bad alternative...something I'd do occasionally. It'll add deception to your hand, and it may make people make bad folds. However, I'll check usually here, since it seems to be the kind of field where I can see a turn cheaper by checking.