Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 AM

Default dream flop -- how to maximize profit?

so yea... probly shoulda folded preflop but JT in late position is a winner for me... table was pretty loose... basically i would like input on all streets... i feel i coulda gotten quite a bit more out of this since they both called on the turn... thx in advance

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($192.05)
SB ($97.40)
BB ($94.50)
UTG ($79.73)
Hero ($99.90)
CO ($118.52)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $3, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($12.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, BB calls $5.

River: ($27.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $42.50
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: dream flop -- how to maximize profit?

raise preflop..buy your button

bet the flop giving free card on drawful board sucks

bet more on turn, for same reasons

river,,check if they are capable of bluffing missed draws, but I think you should bet 1/2ish most of the time
Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 AM

I think this is a good example of why not to slowplay. The ace was clearly a scare card, and it looks like those two guys might have both been on some kind of draw. You definately want to juice them on the flop and turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 AM

$8 on the flop. Lets build it upupupuupupupupuppppp.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM

bet the flop, half-pot
Old 12-09-2005, 09:31 AM

Bet the flop representing some sort of a hand. If everyone folds, you werent making anything anyways. You need to hope 1 might be on a flush draw, or have case 10.

I think I bet the pot on the turn. If someone is drawing for the club flush, they wont put in anymore money on the river.

Check the river or mini-raise representing a possible missed draw yourself.

With monsters other players need to have hands themselves for you to get paid. Bad luck if they dont have anything.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:48 AM

I think checking to the raiser on the flop is OK - you're obviously hoping for a bet but if he checks behind it makes any turn bet look more like a steal. I'd have bet a little more on the turn - say $8, and say $20 on the river. It's hard to get much out of this hand if no one has anything, but I think if they'll call $5 on the turn they'll call $8, and likewise on the river.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 AM

A few comments:

-Nothing wrong with PF, although it would be better to do this in situations where you'll have position on the PF raiser. Still, if you can get away from JT when you hit a peice of the flop but your opponent is showing agression, then you should be able to play these types of hand.

-I also don't have a problem with checking the flop. The button raised PF, so he might make a continuation bet. You can either call that bet or re-raise him on the flop. He didn't bet, so you bet the turn.

Overall, it look standard to me.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 AM

Not betting the flop is ok here... he checked to the raiser, and there's lots of draws to be completed on the turn (which hero wants). I probably would've bet more on turn though.