Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: HERE THEY ARE, BE GENTLE.

[ QUOTE ]
okay but just letting you know all my future hand posts will be at least 20 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that you are supporting yourself at .50/1 6 max with a negative winrate, you may need your hands gone over 20 at a time.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a very good system. The hands look great (not necessarily the play, but the post). The only thing I'd change would be to add hand numbers next time. That'll make it easier to reply to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This still has the no-reads issue (especially notable in the hand where Hero says "This hand was fun. I went with my gut and my reads. I'd seen button overplay top pair, and the other LP's could be coming along with any part of this. Too much aggression?") and the can't-copy-suits issue (unless we're going to allow people to respond to the Microposter thread). I do like that Hero interjects his thoughts.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:12 PM

i almost have to move down to 0.25/0.50 for my bankroll
Old 10-01-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a very good system. The hands look great (not necessarily the play, but the post). The only thing I'd change would be to add hand numbers next time. That'll make it easier to reply to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This still has the no-reads issue (especially notable in the hand where Hero says "This hand was fun. I went with my gut and my reads. I'd seen button overplay top pair, and the other LP's could be coming along with any part of this. Too much aggression?") and the can't-copy-suits issue (unless we're going to allow people to respond to the Microposter thread). I do like that Hero interjects his thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if hero is interjecting his thoughts, then he can supply a read for a read dependent play. It may have been omitted here, but it can be asked of future posts like this. Also, I thought of a good solution for the suits thing. Since we're only posting 20 hands, not 100, the poster can make two identical posts. The first one will be displayed with all the suits. The second one will be a reply to the first and will be identical. However, UBB code will be turned off for the reply. This is easy to do using the "Make post" drop down menu. The reply, then, can be cut and paste to make discussion threads that feature the correct suits easily.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:58 AM

hand1: fine, that should be about the limit for your openraising Jxs OTB

hand2: fold preflop, raising is better than openlimping, but J8s is a pretty weak hand HU, and its hard to get the 5way action it needs for a limp to be correct. I usually fold this when I'm the CO and its folded to me as a default, though I might raise it from time to time.

hand3: absolutely need to bet the flop here, remember you might get C/R'd if he has something, but he misses the flop 2/3rds of the times he doesn't have a PP .. and the only draw are broadway gutshots which are weak, you get the folds needed for the bet to be +EV even if he c/rs everytime he has a piece

hand4: I fold the flop here most of the time, thats a pretty raw board to make a move on, in a tiny pot, the JT, T9, QT boards hit a ton of hands .. if he bet/folds a lot raising the flop has merit if you get CO out of the hand, since you can follow up, or take a free river depending on the turn card, and the initial raise can take the pot down

hand5: river is close, prob fine, though villian needs to be someone who will payoff the raise with anyclub, or some other hands .. or its a sucker bet only getting action from the big2clubs, so its pretty villian dependent

hand6: prob fine

hand7: if its 3handed on the flop, or HU and you were the last aggressor preflop, just bet the flop, 1/2 players likely really struggle in the transition from 6handed to 3handed .. prob about as bad as they do going 10handed to 6handed, remember these flop bets usually only need to work about 1/5 to be breakeven.

hand8: details about UTG? posting a BB+deadSB UTG 4handed likely means a very bad player, prob pretty aggressive, since he really doesn't want to wait 45secs. BB has a big hand though most all the time, and you are drawing dead too often to continue on the turn

hand9: fine

hand10: NH

hand11: ugly turn, getting a modest 7.5/2 on a calldown, looks doubtful you are good that often

hand12: good, sucks not getting paid

hand13: so UTG raises light, and folds too much on the flop? how does MP and the players behind you play? if its gonna be 5handed, coldcalling prob isn't bad, and if MP plays weak postflop, and the 3bet gets it 3way it might have merit as well ..

hand14: river play is one of my weakest parts of my game, I think you see Kbaby a lot of the time here, and SB on a draw that doesn't payoff a good chunk of the rest of the time, if SB doesn't fold pairs postflop bet, since he'll have a weaker Q, or T, 99 or something often enough.

hand15: I raise a lot of the time here, as long as the limpers aren't the tight, limpin with AJ, AQ types, flop bet is good

hand16: yeah I don't cap this preflop, flop coldcall is tough, I don't think you have 4effective outs, and the implied odds aren't that good with this hand, on a board like that, rainbow is prob a better proposition