Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 11:42 AM

Default AQo in EP turn play???

30 hands with UTG+2. Loosish passive 34%. Nothing special. MP1 is LA/P after 54 he's 59/9. I haven't noticed anything crazy or psycho or seen him show down too many. I need some help from the turn on, so more to come.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???
Old 07-17-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: AQo in EP turn play???

I would check and most likely fold.

I would fold for sure if there was a bet and a call.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:34 PM

The board isnt very coordinated, the pot is a decent size, but you have only draws to top pair now and are out of position for a free river. I hate betting into two two calling stations in this situation, as one or both will most likely call. Since you have little fold equity and a very weak draw, I check/fold. HU I think its a std bet.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:37 PM

I say bet the turn and fold to a raise. If you don't improve, check/fold the river. My thinking is that hopefully they were staying in with overcard(s). A bet could win you the pot and you will probably get raised now if one of them did have a Ten.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:40 PM

i tend to be too aggressive with my missed overs, especially against Loose/Passives that call down with nothing. and if i check here, i always think someone is bluffing when they bet. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] or they may only have a small pocket pair too and i could have 6 live outs.

so, typically i'd fire again and check/fold the river UI. i don't like to fold this, so i'd probably check/call anyways so betting out costs the same + possible fold equity.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero????

Now what? Smallish pot, but I've made an investment. I don't like to bet/fold. I just know I'm not quite good enough to do that. I would rather check fold, but I don't like that either. Check call? Yuck.

Thoughts?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:10 PM

Yeah your right, that sucks. I still say check/fold but I don't like it much. I just think that MP1 has something. Maybe Tx, A4, A9, pocket pair. Thinking it through, if you check and he bets you will be getting 9.25 to 1 to call. So you only have to be right 9 times in one that he's called down all the way with say A high. I think this particular situation is close but if he's betting I think he's got something.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:14 PM

Do you think he'll fold a better hand 10% of the time?

Do you think he'll call with a worse hand half the time?

I'm guessing "no" to both questions, so I don't think betting is good.

If you check will he bluff 10% of the time?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think he'll fold a better hand 10% of the time?

Do you think he'll call with a worse hand half the time?

I'm guessing "no" to both questions, so I don't think betting is good.

If you check will he bluff 10% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, I'm saying no. What draw could he have missed that would get him to the river with a hand that you beat? I'd lean towards check-folding this one here.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:24 PM

check/fold IMO. you gave it a shot. it didn't work. i don't see Loose/passives cold calling and check/calling down and then bluffing on this river.