Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is the maximum stack size you would push here?
1500 2 16.67%
1350 1 8.33%
1200 0 0%
1050 2 16.67%
900 1 8.33%
750 3 25.00%
600 1 8.33%
450 1 8.33%
300 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: tell me where to start

[ QUOTE ]
you make me laugh. you are so eager to take on everything you can as fast as you can. I wish I was more like that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

that said, you are improving rapidly in LHE, but from watching your videos, you still have some room for improvement, so I think you're better off staying with LHE and becoming really good. it seems like james and barron picked up NL really fast which is probably due to their deep understanding of LHE. plus, I think you'll damage your sick learning curve by changing tracks. you are learning so much so fast. I wouldn't mess with it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess so...i did an experiment today where i 4 tabled SH tables and 2 tabled NL 6m 5/10 tables. i might do that for a while and see how long i can last.

i know ive got a lot to learn but shoudlnt i try to focus on learning what's most profitable? money is the reason we all play...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but from watching your videos,

[/ QUOTE ]

How can a regular guy like me see this?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 AM

i just noticed you signed up in like may? and your playing like 20/40 or something? What stakes did you start at out of interest.

I say you perfect Limit bit more, Make big cash then branch off slowly.

However if LImit is boring you now, and you feel your chrushing your stakes... Why not move up higher?

but if limit is totally boring, Just make a switch... but i think you'll lose alot at the start and if you factor in the cash you'd of made playing limit Vs the cash your now losing at NL... its a big deficit.

I.e. you win $1000 a week Limit, lose $200 a week NL learning it... Thats $1200 loss as oposed to an actual $200 loss as your no longer earning your limit cash.

although if your chrushing NL also... then cool move over.

its down to you mate, what do YOU WANT to do... if we pick for you, where does that leave you?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but from watching your videos,

[/ QUOTE ]

How can a regular guy like me see this?

[/ QUOTE ]
search HUSH for it from about a week or two ago I believe.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
search HUSH for it from about a week or two ago I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think i found it. thanks!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:01 PM

You're going to face the same problem I did, when switching from NL to PLO. At the time, I was playing 5/10 NL, and wanted to pick up a new game. I'm not good enough to beat the equivalent sized PLO game right now, but I just can't take 1/2 or 2/4 PLO very seriously. What has helped, is to just play one table of the new game at higher stakes, and really concentrate on the game...meanwhile autopiloting a few tables of your solid game.

Now if I could just stop getting confused when I only get dealt two cards on some of my tables.

Jesse
Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you make me laugh. you are so eager to take on everything you can as fast as you can. I wish I was more like that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

that said, you are improving rapidly in LHE, but from watching your videos, you still have some room for improvement, so I think you're better off staying with LHE and becoming really good. it seems like james and barron picked up NL really fast which is probably due to their deep understanding of LHE. plus, I think you'll damage your sick learning curve by changing tracks. you are learning so much so fast. I wouldn't mess with it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess so...i did an experiment today where i 4 tabled SH tables and 2 tabled NL 6m 5/10 tables. i might do that for a while and see how long i can last.

i know ive got a lot to learn but shoudlnt i try to focus on learning what's most profitable? money is the reason we all play...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think it might be a little pre-emptive to assume that just becuase your friend makes more money at NL that you would too. They are different games and there is a whole new learning curve. You might find that you have more trouble adapting than you think, and you may not.

All i am saying is this. You have had a pretty unreal run so far which undoubtedly do to hard work, discipline, and better than average luck. Before you go and change your main game, you should have a better feel of what your maximum potential is in LHE, and right now there is no way for you to know this.

Gabe
Old 11-04-2005, 03:08 PM

2/4, two tables....
Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 PM

5-10 2-4 tables. You are used to thinking players and abusing the [censored] outta them. Its easier to do that at 1k then 400nl. 400nl is pretty much boring ABC with a bit of mixing up your game against the tags. BTW, try posting this in mhnl, they can give you better responses.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should play LHE for 6 more months before making this kind of switch. For someone your (our) age, the money you can expect to earn in that short time period could have a significant affect on the rest of your life. During that time, hone your NL game so that if you do make a permanent switch, you will be giving up less EV intially and have an inflated role. Having dabbled a bit in in the 2k games, i can tell you that losing 5 buyins in a day is not more fun than losing a similar amount in limit, especially when your edge is smaller. Inflate your role and put some money away first. (Just what i would do in your position)

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are incredibly insightful for such young punks. After being involved in gambling for 30 years and watched the rise and fall of many punters. The only thing I can add is "Ditto".