Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:34 PM

Default 5/10 AK

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (21 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

all comments wellcomed
Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 5/10 AK

i would just call the flop and raise the turn when you hit.

i can't imagine you're good on the river here but 23-1 is compelling.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:52 PM

BB play is extremely weird here, so it's tough for me to criticize the play without a read. The turn donk is extremely odd. Some players I would be able to put on a Ten pretty easily and just fold, others I have no idea.

I still don't think I'd raise this turn. With CO in the hand I have a good spot to see how the action will go down. If he raises and BB 3-bets I'd fold, if he raises and BB calls I might 3-bet. If he just calls the turn I might raise the river. If BB is a traditionally passive player I think he's got a Ten. If he's aggressive and stupid then I'm not worried about him at all and am just hoping the CO has AQ.

Either way your post lacks the necessary reads for me to really tell you how I'd play it. Against one set of opponents I might take your line, against another set I could easily go another way with it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 PM

CO is 36/5/0.5 250 hands
BB is 40/13/1.6 40 hands

Looking on the CO stats i think i should fold the turn, but the pot was already so big
Old 11-30-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is 36/5/0.5 250 hands
BB is 40/13/1.6 40 hands

Looking on the CO stats i think i should fold the turn, but the pot was already so big

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree, but I couldn't fold there either.

As others have said, I don't think you should raise the flop.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM

Flop bet = Why? Its pointless, you're drawing and no strong hand will be folding.

Turn raise - Seems ok, CO worrys me with the ColdCall/3bet(Flop/Turn).

On the river we have to call but i think we beat BB and CO scoops the pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet = Why? Its pointless, you're drawing and no strong hand will be folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a raise actualy, why i do it? i think i do it habbitualy, i think i am over agressive, maybe i should post my stats especialy agression

and i was thinking there is a decent chance i have the best hand
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM

and ofcourse i tried to drove the CO out who posted, i i thought his PF raise was not so legitime
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 PM

Many may disagree butI'm going to say I think this hand is fine. You raise the flop in order to hopefully get another AK, and other hands to fold. Protect your outs and do whatever you can to win a large pot.
Turn raise is fine, this is a huge pot, do what you can to win it. When CO 3-bets you I think his hand range is 99, AT, AA, maybe AK or AQ. Most of the time you are beat here but pot is so huge you have to call down. Overall, it may seem like you threw in extra bets here but don't forget, throwing extra bets in order to win a big pot is hardly a mistake compared to not putting in these bets and having it cost you the pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:27 PM

I don't see much (any) point in raising this flop. The pot is too big, and your certainly not getting rid of hands like A9. We're very unlikely to win this u/i so no point in trying to get rid of small pairs that are providing an overlay for your AK (if it hits).

Provided nobody raises behind you on the flop, I think raising the turn is okay. Once you get 3-bet by the passive guy, I think you're pretty screwed. However, you have odds to draw, you have 2 ace outs, and a 3rd ten possibly helps by counterfeiting 99.

At the river, the pot is so big, that you may as well just toss that extra bet in. I certainly don't expect to win, but i've seen stranger things.