Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 PM

Default How to tell which game is the best?

How do you tell which game you should be playing? I’m playing full ring limit tables and as I move up in limits the competition gets harder (duh). In turn this should make my bb/100 go down; but since the bb are larger it might be worth it (duh again). The problem comes in when I’m bankrolled for various limits but haven’t played enough hands at either to know what my winrate is. Is there a good way to tell which limit I should be playing?

Do you move up when you feel that you can beat the next level or when your bankroll is large enough? If your main goal is to make as much money as you can it seems like it's more complicated than that but I certainly don't have it figured out.

Any (constructive) input welcome.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: How to tell which game is the best?

It is a tradeoff between making money and learning/increasing your futural potential. My advice is to play at the highest limit in which you are winning, the money you earn extra by playing a limit lower is just peanuts compared to futural value of learning.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:45 AM

Point well taken. However, at some point I'll reach the 'top of my game' which will mean that I'm not smart enough to improve any more or I don't have the desire to improve. At that point I'll face this delima yet again. Are there any guidelines on how to proceed once that point is reached?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Point well taken. However, at some point I'll reach the 'top of my game' which will mean that I'm not smart enough to improve any more or I don't have the desire to improve. At that point I'll face this delima yet again. Are there any guidelines on how to proceed once that point is reached?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "I can do some push-ups now, but what do I do once I've run a marathon, climbed everest, and can squat 225lbs. 300 times. Then what??

Shooby
Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 PM

The point of not improving is certainly not far off for me. I don't play a ton and when I do I'm often working on something else at the same time. I'm not as focused on the game as I need to be to be improving my game. I know this doesn't help my development as a poker player, but I have more important things to worry about now. However, I would like for this time to be as profitable as it can be by playing to correct limits.