Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

I'm not sure if anyone's ever mentioned it, but I think a useful feature would be a stat to show how many tables the player is currently playing.

Obviously this is not the most reliable indicator of how good someone is, but at least I don't need any hands to know this information. I'd be more inclined to back off when an unknown playing 4 tables shows aggression.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:42 AM

This would require some automation of the poker room software, which is against the T&C of every poker room, and opens a whole can of worms.

Once I get 4 decent tables rolling, I (sometimes) pop over to the search funcion and do a player search: Player1, player 2, player3, etc and that tells me who is multi-tabling. I make a quick note on them "mt(#of tables) 1/2 6-max" or something. For example, someone playing three tables would be "mt(3).5/1 full." It only takes a few minutes.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this seems like a feature quite a few people want, I'll add it to my list. I also like the idea of double-clicking selecting the table. Both of these options will be added.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that using a site's search function does not fall under the 'spirit' of the automation part of the T&C. Performing searches does not directly translate to financial gain, and the automation of such clearly does not either, as opposed to software which can read your hole cards and automatically fold for you if they don't meet the criteria you specify. Otherwise, PokerAce's suggestion about being able to double-click on the table name would also violate every site's T&C.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:37 AM

It would go way beyond the scope of the PokerAce Hud application to locate all tables that players you are playing with are playing. As was mentioned, if you want to know if a certain player is multitabling, just do a search for that player.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:55 AM

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to allow a user to specify that he wants different PT databases to be used if he's playing on BOTH party and stars -- for example, I datamine both of those sites into different databases...is there any risk at all of having my PAHUD point to both my party and stars databases?? I was thinking perhaps it would be a problem if two different players had the same name: one at party and one at Stars.

In fact, last night I noticed a glitch for the first ever time using PAHUD. I was playing the same player at 2 different tables, and his stat overlay was slightly different at each table. But all of the numbers were very close to each other, so I had almost no doubt that both of the statistical overlays were indeed pointing to the same person's stats...but I couldn't figure out why they would be different at all! In fact, in my layout, i display the player's name, so I'm 100% positive that each overlay was indeed showing stats for the same player...but as I said all of the numbers were just a little different than each other, and the hands played # was dif too.
All I could think of was that this somehow resulted from PAHUD displaying stats from different databases. (I have it drawing from about 3 dif. mined DBs). Does this make any sense at all, and can you think of something that accoutns for it??
Old 07-18-2005, 11:05 AM

I would bet that it has something to do with the refresh rate for the player. You probably opened the tables at two different times and it refreshes slightly differently between the two tables.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:10 PM

grinin came to the exact right conclusion. The hand count was different for the player at each table, therefore they were getting updated at different times.

And you don't have to worry about Party/Stars player names getting mixed up. When PA Hud searches for a player in the database, it specifies which poker site they are from.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:09 PM

I would really like to see the following stats- I truly think these are some of the most important.

Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ flop
Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ turn
won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ river

I swear, there are some people checkraise the turn as a bluff (and their stats show it), and there are some people who only checkraise with the absolute nuts. Knowing these people apart would be huge!!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would really like to see the following stats- I truly think these are some of the most important.

Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ flop
Won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ turn
won at showdown % when bet/ raised/ checkraised/ river

I swear, there are some people checkraise the turn as a bluff (and their stats show it), and there are some people who only checkraise with the absolute nuts. Knowing these people apart would be huge!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, those stats would be very good to have when you have a good sample size on the player.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would go way beyond the scope of the PokerAce Hud application to locate all tables that players you are playing with are playing. As was mentioned, if you want to know if a certain player is multitabling, just do a search for that player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it beyond the scope of PAHUD in the sense that you don't feel it would be good to have this function associated with PAHUD or in the sense that there is more programming required that would not benefit the software as much as other additions? If the latter, a possibility would be providing a text string that could just be manually copied and pasted into the search box that contains the players names formatted appropriately. I have no opinion on the matter, but this seems relatively simple to implement (though I may be wrong).