Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: PokerSpot and Dutch

So, if after much hard work and research, if you were to invest 10K in a company, have the value of that investment go up to 50K, and then someone took off with most of the money, leaving you with 15K (5K above you're original investment), you wouldn't feel cheated? Granted he had 3400 more then the day he started, but he had 56K less than the day someone took off with the money. It wasn't handed to him, he earned it. Once he earned it, it was his. If he got some extra because people were abusing PokerSpot's deposit policies, that it PokerSpot's problems. As soon as the money appeared in his PokerSpot account, it was his, period. They fact that it was not given to him was theft, period.

To Silybum, Choopy, and the rest of the Dutch Boyd whores:
The best way to defend someone like Boyd and his actions is to shut the hell up. You can't saw anything nice, and the more it gets discussed, the worse he looks. I seriously question if you people could honestly not realize what fools you are making of youselves (IMHO)
Old 03-11-2004, 02:01 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

choppy was joking
Old 03-11-2004, 02:06 PM

If it was a joke, I aplogize. My mistake. Some of the shilling gets so bizarre that it's hard to tell that someone is joking.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was a joke, I aplogize. My mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a reasonable mistake to me.

This comment is a fairly obvious joke:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you understood him, $3400 CASH MONEY. I think it's obvious that if anything, MS Sunshine owes Dutch something for the privelege of earning such a hefty amount of $.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he said this:

[ QUOTE ]

Even if Party decided to run off with the 10k I have in my account at the moment, I'd still remember them fondly for all the money they DIDN'T steal from me

[/ QUOTE ]

which had me scratching my head.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yes I was $3400 to the good,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You won and still all we hear is how you lost thousands. You got all the sympathy you gonna get. The wells been dry for awhile

[ QUOTE ]
he would have made more money working at mcdonald's for
1000 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understood him, $3400 CASH MONEY. I think it's obvious that if anything, MS Sunshine owes Dutch something for the privelege of earning such a hefty amount of $.

Even if Party decided to run off with the 10k I have in my account at the moment, I'd still remember them fondly for all the money they DIDN'T steal from me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? This is the most worthless post I've ever read. So, you are going to thank people for not stealing from you. Well, I tell you what, give me a thousand dollars and I'll keep it for awhile. I may give it back, I may not. If I do, be sure to thank me, if I don't, then no sweat, right?

***edit*** Ok, so it seems your post was a joke, if so, cool, if not, then read above.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Concerning the fraudulent chip problem, if player (s) bought in with chips that eventually were not paid for, i as the owner would not feel obligated to pay the players who ended up with these chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Pokerspot had a good reason to withold the winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolute nonsense. I would never play at a site where the owners felt they could transfer the responsibility of determining whether chips were legitimately paid for onto the other players. The site owners have to accept responsibility for their own mistakes and pay up.

--

"I'd like to call that bet, but first I'll need to see your SSN and mother's maiden name, thanks."
Old 03-12-2004, 01:40 AM

This place makes me very sad sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]