Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Raising A-hi for value...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villain is a 80/3/1 terrible postflop...

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 09-24-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Raising A-hi for value...

Ummm... explain?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:11 AM

Are you really expecting calls from worse hands?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM

Against a sane opponent? no... against a guy that plays 80% of his hands and really sucks postflop yes...
Probably should have mentioned that his Went to Showdown was 55%...
I expect any A,Q or J to call here plus some small pairs that got counterfeited at the end...

The only hand I think he will raise is one containing a K,which i will have to call...

I donīt think he will raise a 9, which i donīt put him on either...
Old 09-24-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand I think he will raise is one containing a K,which i will have to call

[/ QUOTE ]

You're calling a 3-bet?????????

omg seriously this is just terrible. I remember replying to another post of yours a few days ago and that was also terrible.

I think you should move down, doubtless you'll just take this as an insult and you'll probably post something telling me I suck, and maybe I do, but that doesn't mean you don't.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're calling a 3-bet?????????

omg seriously this is just terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just might be... But against a guy that thinks 80% of his hands are playable preflop, and postflop he bets and raises as much as he calls with those same 80%, Iīm not folding this hand to a threebet...

[ QUOTE ]
I remember replying to another post of yours a few days ago and that was also terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are referring to my pocket sixes hand that was far from terrible, questionable yes and that was why I posted it, but hardly terrible...

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should move down, doubtless you'll just take this as an insult and you'll probably post something telling me I suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I would never dream of insulting anybody on this forum for expressing their opinion and I donīt think I have done anything in the past to deserve that...
I respect you as a poster and what you have contributed to this forum, Iīm just sorry that you donīt feel the same way...

[ QUOTE ]
... but that doesn't mean you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt want to turn this into some kind of pissing contest and I really hate myself for letting my ego write this...
But over the last 40k hands I have a winrate of just under 5BB/100 4 tabling the PP 5/10, so I must be doing something right...

And I probably wouldnīt have posted this hand in the first hand since itīs so read dependant. Against the overwhelming majority of players I just call this river..
Old 09-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Looks pretty good to me. And yeah you gotta call a 3-bet. I don't see why everyone is against this.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really expecting calls from worse hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can expect both calls and raises from worse hands.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:45 PM

What's 80/3/1? Would villain bet the river with a pocket pair? That's what I think he has. But I don't like the river raise without good non-PT reads. It's possible he has a 9, how tricky is he? He could have TT or JJ. I'd probably call the river, raising is risky because of fear of a 3-bet. And at that point, you're smoked.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM

3-bet the flop.