Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 PM

Default A5s and JJ. Opinions please.

First hand is A5s in the BB. Should I have 4 bet the river? and how about the flop and turn?

SB is complete clueless person. Calling river with king high. Playing 93suited in the early position. The hand:

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button folds.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#F8F8F8">
Hero has Ad 5d (flush, ace high).
SB has 6d Kd (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

Second hand. I have JJ. On the flop there is overcard. I figured out, my implied odds were 1:19 and in really best possible case 1:23. I was 1: 22.5 underdog. There were all kind of draws on the board and 4 people. JT, QJ, KJ may already have my outs. So I folded on the flop. Correct decision? Please tell me.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

UTG has Tc Qh (straight, king high).
UTG+1 has Qs Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 15.50 BB. </font>
Old 12-11-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: A5s and JJ. Opinions please.

hand one: pound that flop!!

hand 1, hand 2: don't post result / stuff that happens after you fold.

i would have called that flop, that pot is big enough
Old 12-11-2005, 12:59 PM

Hand1: raise it up on the turn...you might get some pairs or straight draws to tag along

Hand2: Getting 14:1, you can definitely peel with your set outs, BDFD, as well as BDSD.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Hand 1 - I am torn between raising the flop or the turn. Either way, I think you need to raise in one of those two spots. Now knowing what the turn, I say raise that since it looks like a straight just as much as a flush. Good chance of getting 3bet.

Hand 2 - good fold

Hand 2 -
Old 12-11-2005, 01:12 PM

What you mean pound that flop?

I didn't raise the turn not to lose any customers. There were still 3 others on the turn. And once on river on top pair might even decide to call as well. I don't think raising the turn in this situation will give you max. expectation in the long run.

I didn't reraise the 3 better because he might have an 8, like J8 or Q8. He would definitely play his gutshot.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand1: raise it up on the turn...you might get some pairs or straight draws to tag along

Hand2: Getting 14:1, you can definitely peel with your set outs, BDFD, as well as BDSD.

[/ QUOTE ]

With so many limpers I think you definitely have discounted outs. For a set you need 1:22.5 on the turn. There is still flush draw. Nah, who agrees with me that calling this flop is bad? You max is really 1:24 on the flop to turn. And there are 3 opponents.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:20 PM

Damn, I really doubt, raise the hand A5s on the flop? I really didn't want to lose any limpers. Going for a c/r on the turn/river there was big probability 2 people would call my raise. and then lead out the river.

I would raise the flop against 1 opponent though.

Leak?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't reraise the 3 better because he might have an 8, like J8 or Q8. He would definitely play his gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why we raise the turn, these hands are more than willing to pay you off. How would you feel if that river card filled him up? Would you complain of a bad beat?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand is A5s in the BB. Should I have 4 bet the river? and how about the flop and turn?

SB is complete clueless person. Calling river with king high. Playing 93suited in the early position. The hand:

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button folds.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Hero has Ad 5d (flush, ace high).
SB has 6d Kd (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

Second hand. I have JJ. On the flop there is overcard. I figured out, my implied odds were 1:19 and in really best possible case 1:23. I was 1: 22.5 underdog. There were all kind of draws on the board and 4 people. JT, QJ, KJ may already have my outs. So I folded on the flop. Correct decision? Please tell me.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

UTG has Tc Qh (straight, king high).
UTG+1 has Qs Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 15.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 I'm capping the river against such a terrible player. nh otherwise. Flop is potentially a raise to clean up A/K outs, but I don't think calling is bad either.

Hand 2 I'm betting this flop. You can't immediately assume you're behind just because a single overcard fell. If it was an A, maybe, but it's a K. If it's one bet back to me, I'm calling and folding the turn UI. Two or three back to me and I'm insta-folding.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:33 PM

It must be early, I didnt even notice that hero checked the flop w/ JJ. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]