Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Something I\'ve always wondered (universe)...

Everything physical has boundaries. A beginning and an end. There can't be an infinite. So, the universe can't go on forever. It has to be inside something. But that something has to be inside something else etc. So how can it all exist?? Nothing can be infinite, but it has to be, or there has to at least be infinite 'somethings' for it all to exist. It's like it's all just a contradiction. So do I exist?? I have to exist (since I'm existing), but HOW can I exist? FWIW I don't think anybody can give the correct answer. You can state what you think, but it's probally not correct. Humans have their theories etc, but how much do we actually know and understand? Not alot.

How was the universe born?? Something can't create from nothing, since there wouldn't be anywhere for it to be created?? There has to be something there, so therefore it can't be created from nothing. But since nothing can be created, there always has to be something there, which can't be true. Jesus (no I don't believe in any god).

I know some people are going to argue that infinity does exist, but I don't believe it can. In theory sure, but in the physical world??

I reckon it's better not to try and think about it all, and just enjoy the ride.