Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Caesars WSOP Indiana Structures

I just got off the phone with the poker room as I was getting info on the structures of the events. I was glad to hear that the first blind level would be 25/25 and not 25/50. Levels are only 50 minutes. The starting chips are not very good.

$300-1500
$500-$1500
$1000-$1500
$1500-$2000
$2000-$2500
$500 rebuy- $500 -Has to be a mistake.

I emailed Billy Marshall(Poker Manager) who I have been in contact with for a couple months about this event asking if that was correct or not about the rebuy tourney. I also told him the structures weren't very good and each tourney needed more starting chips but that the rebuy tourney was horiffic.

If anyone is down there this weekend or have been calling asking about toureys, I encourage you to try to talk to a manager to see if maybe the structures could be changed. Out at the Rio Circuit event in september, the opening event was a $500 with $1500 starting chips and 25/50 blind levels and there was a major uproar and they changed teh rest of the tourneys to 25/25 1st levels and gave some more chips in some events I believe. So maybe they could do something.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Caesars WSOP Indiana Structures

I'm registered for the $300+40 next Thursday.

You're right, this won't afford much time to play deep stack poker. Looks like we'll have to catch some cards early on.

I guess we could use the many Stars turbo tournaments for practice!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:50 PM

Are you guys seriously complaining about this? I'm a pretty complaint-prone guy, but I think this is fabulous news. Fifty minute levels and 1500 to start?! This is great, ESPECIALLY for the $300 buy-in.

Michael
Old 10-15-2005, 12:56 AM

The $300 tourney isnt what I'm concerned about, besides the $40 fee which is horrible. That is fine for a $300, but I am playing every event besides the $10K(which I may still play) and the other structures aren't very good. I did get an email back though saying they changed the $500 rebuy structure to $1000 in chips to start out with.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Caesars WSOP Indiana Structures***UPDATE***

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/caesarsindiana.asp

Enjoy,

Michael
Old 10-19-2005, 10:29 AM

I was told last night at a tournament in Indy that the 300 event was sold out. Is this true?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Yes, that is what they said last night. they would be accepting alternates starting today but (WARNING! Heard this from a dealer and information obtained from a dealer at Caesar's IN is often incorrect.) that many of the seats were paid with wired funds and that wired funds would not hold the seat if they were not present when the tourney begins. If they are not there their seat will be given to someone present.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 PM

How many 2ers will be there?

I am also playing in the $ 300 + $ 40 event.

And, also any good hotels near by for Thurs. nite? I guess Caesers is sold out.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:33 PM

I will be there with a Hoosierpokerplayer.com shirt on front and Get Paid to Play Online Poker/IndianaMatt.com on the back. Say hi if you see me. I'll say hi if I see you, I assume you'll have an Odoyle shirt on?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be there with a Hoosierpokerplayer.com shirt on front and Get Paid to Play Online Poker/IndianaMatt.com on the back. Say hi if you see me. I'll say hi if I see you, I assume you'll have an Odoyle shirt on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I will probably be incognito.

Was not officially looking to promote the "army" there unless a site was going to come forward with a sponsorship.

I'll look you up Matt and say hey! Any local hotels you would recommend for Thurs. nite?