Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: XBox 360, Only 14 Consoles at WalMart???????

Nice. We also talked about maybe taking the empty box and cutting it up or something so it is no longer a box and selling it as an ex-box for the Xbox 360 Premium Edition. "FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!", of course. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GoT
Old 11-22-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice. We also talked about maybe taking the empty box and cutting it up or something so it is no longer a box and selling it as an ex-box for the Xbox 360 Premium Edition. "FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!", of course. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thats funny. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive bought every system on release day since I was old enough to game. Unfortunately this tradition died with the Xbox 360 and its craptacular release titles. Boo MS.

[/ QUOTE ]oh don't be such a hater. buy all the systems and the games will come. ms has done a pretty good job... do you remember the ps2's launch titles? they didnt come close to perfect dark or pgr3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a hater. I am a die hard loser gamer. I freakign slept outside of Target to buy a PS2 on release so I could play Summoner (which sucked but the hype was enough!).

Really I'm looking at these games at they don't look good. PGR3 looks worse than Forza. Perfect Dark doesn't look good at all, nor does Quake 4. The only game that looks cool is the Criminals game, but supposedly it's really short =(.

I was going to buy one for sure if Oblivion was a release title, but that's been pushed back so far it doesn't matter. All the other games being released in the next 2 months look dull. DOA has always been a B- fighting game that got big on jiggly boobies. The one other game I'm psyched for is Gears of War and thats it.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 AM

Last Christmas, I wanted to buy my kids a PS2. Sold out everywhere. Guy at Target told me that he only expects to get about ten of them on the next shipment.

I tried a few more stores, then quit. I bought one on Ebay for about $220 (MSRP $150), and felt like I got a deal.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was joking with my roomie a week or so back about maybe selling my "Xbox 360 box" on ebay after I opened it. "You are bidding on the box for my BRAND NEW Xbox 360 PREMIUM console." I'm almost positive an auction like that would go for near full price. I was just joking at the time, but the more I think about it I'm almost positive it would go for over $500.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not find it possible to not laugh if this happened.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oblivion

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even going to look into buying a 360 until this game is released.

Waiting 6-12 months > Buying at launch
Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored], how much are you paying him? i wouldn't wait in the cold like that for 12+ hours unless somebody paid me at least a grand.

[/ QUOTE ]
$100. He seemed genuinely happy to be getting that much. I went over there around 11, so I'm paying him $100 to stand in the rain for a little over 10 hours. Seems like a pretty awesome deal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean he seemed genuinely happy to have a sucker come back in the morning willing to pay way more than was agreed upon the night before?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored], how much are you paying him? i wouldn't wait in the cold like that for 12+ hours unless somebody paid me at least a grand.

[/ QUOTE ]
$100. He seemed genuinely happy to be getting that much. I went over there around 11, so I'm paying him $100 to stand in the rain for a little over 10 hours. Seems like a pretty awesome deal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean he seemed genuinely happy to have a sucker come back in the morning willing to pay way more than was agreed upon the night before?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. This guy did not look like the type that would want/could afford an xbox
2. He has to hope none of the other people will sell their spot
3. He has to hope someone else will come along in the next hour and buy his
Old 11-22-2005, 10:03 AM

we should lay the odds on evan getting screwed..
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. This guy did not look like the type that would want/could afford an xbox
2. He has to hope none of the other people will sell their spot
3. He has to hope someone else will come along in the next hour and buy his

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparenlty I also had to hope that he didn't get sick 2 hours ago and leave. Looks like I missed on that one.