Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Asking a question when your not involved in the pot...

First of all, I would say that normally I would just let the dealer handle this kind of matter. But, this dealer was somewhat inexperienced, and I had some reason to suspect that Player A may have been shooting an angle. Anyway, at the river, Player A checked, Player B bet, and player A with chips in his hand Move them over the line on the table, after holding them above the felt he then motioned to fold. I then asked the dealer if he had to call. The dealer said "No", but Player A had not mucked his hand yet- he then called. Player B who had TPTK, was angry with me for asking a question about a pot that I wasn't involved with. I apologized (even though his TPTK was solid gold if his opponent had any thoughts of folding), but I felt given the situation- newish dealer, and likely angle shooter, that my question was asked in the spirit of maintaining a fair game. Thoughts?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Asking a question when your not involved in the pot...

In this case, don't say anything until after the action is over. What if the bettor was on a bluff?

Afterwards, ask the dealer what the line is for, and if you want to make a point, you can say, that to you, Player A's action came close to an angleshoot.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Asking a question when your not involved in the pot...

In general, you should keep mouth shut when out of a pot.

However, here's an obvious angle shooter shooting an obvious angle. This bull-pucky shouldn't be allowed to stand. There's a betting line for a reason. Enforce it.

al