Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: KJo in LAGgy hand

I like it fine.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, SB turns over TT with a diamond and takes the pot. Looking up the results later, I find that donk had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and the button had K9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this I see my analysis was a little off, but that my crazy plan to donk the turn may have had a chance. What a bunch of yahoos in this hand. Reminds me why I don't play shorthanded much.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me why I don't play shorthanded much.

[/ QUOTE ]
weird, it reminds me why i do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 PM

Why not bet the flop? If Button is capable of isolating, he could very well be sitting with a naked Ace, and you holding the best hand. If he raises, we can call profitably on the flop then dump the turn assuming we don't hit a Jack.

I mean, by playing this hand, you're trying to hit top pair but get away cheaply if it looks like you're dominated right?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:57 PM

I think you have to bet the river here and fold if reraised.
The pot size alone is enough to justify it and the way you played it, you're representing the made nut flush on the turn (or at least a nut flush draw). Even a donkey will fold his Td or even Qd here often enough to make it worth your while.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 PM

3 ppl called your turn checkraise on a 3 diamond board. i doubt anybody is going to fold any mid diamond so i like the check behind.

if you bet the best scenario would be for the guy with the diamond (if there is only one) to be closing the action and in a position where he will have to overcall or overovercall with his diamond.

i think your check is fine.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even a donkey will fold his Td or even Qd here often enough to make it worth your while.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, they will not misclick often enough.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM

I don't like the PFR with KJo. Once it comes back to you capped, I definitely fold. (Edit: nevermind, my eyes malfunctioned and missed the "5-handed")

Once you're in the hand, I bet out on the flop to see if I get raised. With the description you've given of the pre-flop raisers, I think top pair might be good here.

I like the turn C/R and the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM

First off, let me say that I don't think that checking the river is a bad play. I just think that betting is a better play when you consider how the hand was played up to that point. If hero bets the flop and gets 3 callers, then bets the turn and still gets 3 callers, then checking the river is the better play. But the way this hand was played, by betting the river, you are only risking the loss of one more bet for a chance to win a monster. If you check, you have absolutely NO CHANCE of winning this pot.

[ QUOTE ]
3 ppl called your turn checkraise on a 3 diamond board. i doubt anybody is going to fold any mid diamond so i like the check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course they did! They were trapped. This goes along with the cardinal rule of micro-limit: Anybody who has already put in one bet will certainly put in one more.
The semi-bluff check rasie on the turn is a bold move but it is most effective when you follow through on the river. I think that if the button (or any other aggressive player at the table) has something like Ad Kc, he would probably 3-bet your turn c/r. I think it's safe to assume that nobody has a made flush on the turn and the Ad is unlikely. Any goon with Qd or Td is going to stick around for the river on the off chance that they hit a miracle straight flush. But they're not necessarily going to call to the four flush on the river every time (They often will but not EVERY time). And when they do call, the advertising value of your river bet with no diamonds will be worth far more than one BB.

This is just my take. And I'm certainly no expert! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet the river here and fold if reraised.
The pot size alone is enough to justify it and the way you played it, you're representing the made nut flush on the turn (or at least a nut flush draw). Even a donkey will fold his Td or even Qd here often enough to make it worth your while.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the size of the pot justify betting the river? Do you think there's a non-zero chance of everyone folding (rounded to the nearest .1%, that is)? Do you think I'm ahead often enough when I get called?