Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 08:46 PM

Default unfluctuation

The way I've been slinking around from the big blind is really crazy in that half my opponents suspect I'm hopeless and the other half are sure of it. But they don't get to see my hand all that often. Or else they'd all be sure.

(In a way, they are right. I do play poker without hope.)

$80-160 at Bay101. The game was four-handed when I got there. I entered on the big blind and I got the ace-king of hearts. Two players limped, the small blind called, I checked.

The flop was Q-T-3, all clubs. Checked around.

The turn was a club. The small blind bet. I folded.

I folded before the flop for two laps after that, including two opportunities to openraise on the button. The next flop I saw was with AK again from the big blind again. UTG raised, the cutoff called, the button folded, and the small blind called. I called with the relevant ace of clubs and the irrelevant king of hearts.

Four players. The flop was 8-3-2 with two clubs. The small blind bet out. I called. Both the others called.

The turn was the five of clubs. The small blind bet, I called, and both the others folded. Headsup now.

The river paired the eight. The small blind checked and I checked. He showed pocket nines.

Tommy