Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Ahhh, baseball. NYY vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
Calling me a blind squirrel who found a nut is just stupid. I picked one player coming up and said that he would hit a homer off Schilling. Not just a hit, not a double, but a homer. Sure enough, Schilling served one right over the plate and A-Rod hit it out.

[/ QUOTE ] yes, you got lucky. This is just like saying that before any cards are flopped, you yell out, two aces will come up, then they do. Does that mean you know what you are talking about? no.

I realize it feels good that you guessed correctly, [censored], this happens to everyone from time to time, and its always pretty cool when it happens, but its nothing more than dumb luck. I think it would have been fair to guess that Schilling was going to get rocked, as to in what manner, well thats just speculation.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:11 PM

don't blame him for wearing that jersey, blame the Yankees for making such a sweet logo/design.

As for that jersey, it has no number on the back.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So where do you see the team? Check out the stats of today's starting pitcher. Who is going to pitch on Sunday?

Compare 2000's starting rotation with this year's and tell me on what basis you have confidence that this year's team is a championship caliber squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

andy, your dealing with a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back, sublime. I guess you were busy crying with your fellow fatass, Schilling, over on SOSH until 6 am so you were too tired to make an earlier apperaance.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If our hopes are resting with the likes of Leiter or Chacon, game over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Al Leiter. A lot. But I hope they pick him up. I think they can find lightning in a bottle with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was awful for the Yankees during his previous stint with them, but he was only a kid then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you even alive back then? He was a rookie. One of the most famous "Error" cards ever is the Steve George for Al Leiter TOPPS mistake.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Al Leiter. A lot. But I hope they pick him up. I think they can find lightning in a bottle with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was awful for the Yankees during his previous stint with them, but he was only a kid then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you even alive back then? He was a rookie. One of the most famous "Error" cards ever is the Steve George for Al Leiter TOPPS mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was born in 84, so yes I was alive. I watched my first Yankee game in July 1988, and Al Leiter was on the mound. How old are you?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was born in 84, so yes I was alive. I watched my first Yankee game in July 1988, and Al Leiter was on the mound. How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a knock or anything. I thought you were still in high school.

27-senior citizen here.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:31 PM

this thread is hilarious

between all the people saying "the yankees suck and have no chance"and dead saying "omfg yankees rool ur not a true fan if you dont think we'll win every game", its hilarious. hopefully everyone sees me as someone in between.

and, welcome back schilling. that was perfect.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:35 PM

You're exaggerating my fandom just a bit there.

I never claimed anything close to what you said, but I do think that the Yankees are a near lock for the playoffs.

For all the dumbasses who talk about the Yanks payroll and say, they should be playing better, wtf? They're 1.5 games out of 1st place in arguably the toughest division in all of baseball.

Just because the Yankees have 4 times the payroll of the Twins doesn't mean that the Yankees should play 4 times better. There aren't enough games in the season to do that. The Yankees will win 90-95 games at least, and it will be enough to win the division.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM

i agree with you about the payroll arguments, those are just stupid. especially coming from sox fans, thats hilarious. but you sound like a 11 year old when you say to people "oh youre not a true yankee fan" or whatever, sure i think andyfox is a bit pessimistic, but being wrong (and i dont think he is entirely wrong at all) is not the same as not being a fan.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:43 PM

It is certainly stupid when people like kerssens wear Yankees gear without even being fans. It's become a fashion statement and that sucks.