Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 AM

Default I am consistently fold hands like this..

Should I be?

Reads w/o PT arent much. Obviously the SB leads into the field, Ive got the one card gutshot but my four would put four to a straight on board. All equals an easy fold right?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4 BB
This could be really standard but I just think that sometimes ppl are betting overcards or OES here.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: I am consistently fold hands like this..

preflop is pretty marginal. without reads saying the rest of the table is EXTREMELY loose-passive i'd fold this.

fold is very standard.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 AM

Against 4 other players this is a very standard laydown. Even if you are ahead at this point, there are just too many bad cards that can ruin you on the turn and river. You aren't getting odds to draw to your gutshot and your 4 outs put 4 to a straight on the board.

Heads up you might call this down, read depending.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:02 AM

Small pot. Your position isn't very good with 2 players behind you.

I fold this 100% of the time with or without any reads.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is pretty marginal. without reads saying the rest of the table is EXTREMELY loose-passive i'd fold this.

fold is very standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the PF statement
Old 07-11-2005, 02:05 AM

I would probably call the flop bet to see the turn. Sometimes I would fold since there are still 2 people left to act behind you.

From there it depends on what cards come out and what the other donkeys in the hand do.

These are kind of tough hands to play. Sometimes (maybe most of the time) I'll fold 44 from MP1 preflop.

I don't think you played it too bad. There are definitely better places to get your money in in these low limit games.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call the flop bet to see the turn. Sometimes I would fold since there are still 2 people left to act behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we call the flop bet, we are assuming we have the best hand and we should be showing this down (depending on no significant action, of course).

Calling the flop to see what the turn brings, and then decide from there however, is going to be -EV. Almost every card on the turn is a scare card. The pot is nowhere near big enough to "call and re-evaluate" with such a vulnerable hand that has too small a chance of improving and too large a chance of becoming second best (if it isn't already).

Your decision to play this hand must be made on the flop. If you call the flop, it must be done with the intention of showing down, barring any crazy action on the turn. Since I don't think we'll win at showdown too often here, I fold the flop.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fold is very standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh its MP1, its a weak pair that doesn't win UI, and needs a multiway pot, which is much less likely now

its an easy fold unless special conditions say otherwise ..

postflop is very standard

I disagree with the PF statement

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your decision to play this hand must be made on the flop. If you call the flop, it must be done with the intention of showing down, barring any crazy action on the turn. Since I don't think we'll win at showdown too often here, I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to showdown here just because you call on the flop getting at least 6:1. It's not like we have committed ourselves by putting one more SB into this pot.

However, I think a PF fold with 44 from this position is best. It'll keep OP out of these marginal situations. I also can't argue with your flop fold, but there's no reason to go to showdown here just because you call to see the turn.

A flop call is maybe a small mistake. Calling to showdown just because you made it to the turn could be a huge mistake.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 AM

you should NOT be folding this hand or any pair PF from mp for 1 SB!!