Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:57 PM

Default ultimate fighter on spike

god i love this show.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: ultimate fighter on spike

Man, it sucked all season... until this last show. Great fight. I love Luke, the Killer Nerd, picked last and now he's in the finals. The show looks like it will finish strong.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, it sucked all season... until this last show. Great fight. I love Luke, the Killer Nerd, picked last and now he's in the finals. The show looks like it will finish strong.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya he is great...his last fight, i forget against who, was pretty sweet too. I do agree that the first season was better, Diego was a beast.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it started off horribly, but the last fight with Luke was great. And now, his fight tonight? Man, Luke is a badass. I knew he would kick ass from the first time they showed him dominating in that wall sit exercise or whatever it was.

"Sam better be ready to feel my fury. I'm at a place right now where there's nothing but extreme violence all around me and I do not want to suffer that. I want to make him suffer."

"Anybody who underestimates me is gonna be in for a rude awakening. I was the last person picked. How you like me now?"

Go Luke!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm at a place right now where there's nothing but extreme violence all around me and I do not want to suffer that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is such a great quote.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it started off horribly, but the last fight with Luke was great. And now, his fight tonight? Man, Luke is a badass. I knew he would kick ass from the first time they showed him dominating in that wall sit exercise or whatever it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

He fought well, but for the record he was about 5-10 seconds from being submitted with an armbar at the end of the first round. Definitely a lot of luck involved in the sport, especially with respect to submissions.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He fought well, but for the record he was about 5-10 seconds from being submitted with an armbar at the end of the first round. Definitely a lot of luck involved in the sport, especially with respect to submissions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it definitely looked like Sammy had it locked. But, Luke had fought his way out the whole round, enabling himself to get saved by the bell there. Definitely lucky, but I feel like he largely made his own luck there.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM

It wasn't locked. Sammy's crotch wasn't passed the elbow. It was on his forearm. Although it's a bad example, the attempted arm bar was similar to when Frank Mir broke Tim Sylvia's forearm.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How you like me now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that he said this with such a freaking deadpan voice, like he knew it all along, and it ain't no real secret. I am the man, I knew it, you should have know it, that's basically all she wrote.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How you like me now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that he said this with such a freaking deadpan voice, like he knew it all along, and it ain't no real secret. I am the man, I knew it, you should have know it, that's basically all she wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but nothing will ever be more badass than Ivan Drago saying "I will break you" to Apollo Creed at the beginning of their fight in Rocky IV.