Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Not wanting a girlfriend

I just want to run this buy you sick freaks, as I dont trust my friends to get my a really unbiased answer.

I am 23, most of my friends are between 20-28, I have about 15 close friends, that I talk to on a weekly basis, 2-3 times a week. It seems that all of them, sans 2 or 3, are hell bent on girlfriends/boyfriends, relationships, settling down, kids, etc. It seems that their whole goal in life is the 2.4 kids ideal family, and if they dont achieve it before the age of 30, they are going to have to commit hari kari.

This is my question, after reading some posts on this board. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF SETTLING DOWN. Keyword: intention, Im not saying that things dont change. Ive never had/wanted a girlfriend, but prefer to keep my options open, and just have a lot of "girl friends", without having to commit. (I love this btw, and am happy). I just want to know, if its because Im in the midwest, and its a matter of socio-economic-geo conditions. Are my friends just freaks? Am I a freak? What is your consensus on, not giving a [censored] if you ever find a "life-mate" or whatever the hell you cal lit nowadays.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Not wanting a girlfriend

No need to get serious with anyone. Especially not at 23.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No need to get serious with anyone. Especially not at 23.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I definetly know. Its just that, as far as career/money goals, and my immaturity level not getting any better any time soon, I dont know if Ill ever have the "itch" for all that stuff. When did it start comming about with you guys.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:42 PM

I've got a 22 year old roomate who always talks about marrying his fiancee soon, having kids, etc. No [censored] way I'd be thinking about that right now.

I don't want a serious girlfriend right now for a few reasons:

1. I can't afford one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
2. I'm always moving.
3. I'm going through a change of careers, which involves me going back to school (and thus, no real income).
4. When I get into that career after school, I'll be moving wherever the hell the government wants me. If they want me in Seattle, I go to Seattle. No way I'd be dragging a girl already set in her career along.

For me, staying single is a necessity.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:43 PM

Just before I turned 26 I got inexplicably obsessed with real estate and having children. My girlfriend attributes this to nesting instinct that kicked in for whatever reason. She's hoping it's just a phase. I don't think she's had her fill of exotic vacations yet. Prior to that, I was pretty much like you. No intention of settling down at all.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:46 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i don't think that is weird at all. thinking about marriage at a young age can be pretty scary.
i'm sure you'll want a serious girlfriend eventually. it might just take meeting the right person.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:48 PM

i like to think i would get married some day.

i dont see it anytime in the near future at all, but as many people have pointed out, im only 12 years old, so i have a ways to go.

seriously though, i dont see anything wrong with it. if your libido doesnt crave the attention, then whatever, its your life. obviously getting married is about finding happiness (right? or is this still a naive view?), it obviously wouldnt make you happy to settle down. why put yourself in that position?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:48 PM

You should get married very young in life so that when the inevitable divorce occurs you lose less of yout total future net worth.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see it anytime in the near future at all, but as many people have pointed out, im only 12 years old, so i have a ways to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is too young to get married even for my advice above. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 05:50 PM

lol, just read your other statement.