Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: The Mouth at again

[ QUOTE ]
"sure it's fair. it may not be 'right', but it's fair. any rule that applies to EVERYBODY that doesn't give anybody else an advantage is fair"

This is completely wrong. The rule is not equally enforced. Since 99% of players and 95% of dealers think it's stupid, most of the time it isn't enforced (I heard the f-word about 20 times and the floor was never called). It's enforced when someone lets it slip and someone else doesn't like them and calls the floor, or if it is randomly said in front of one of a select few goody-good dealers. So the rule is not only completely stupid, it's also unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. The rule is still fair. The enforcement isn't. And this isn't just being nitpicky.

Who enforces the rule? It's the floorstaff. It's not the dealers. It's not the players. IT IS UP TO THE FLOORSTAFF to enforce it. Nobody has ever said "hey, the floorman knew about person X saying F***, but he didn't do anything about it".

As such, I'm assuming that hasn't happened. Everybody is whining about it not being enforced fairly. Well, in everything that I've read and in the WSOP events I played, EVERY TIME the floorstaff was notified, it was enforced.

Your claiming of it not being fair is VERY similar to a person saying the law "you can't kill people" isn't fair. Sure, not every perpetrator gets punished. But when the 'law' enforcement knows about who the 'criminal' is, it is enforced.

The rule applies to everybody. The rule is fair.

The dealers/players don't report everybody. Thus, it is the players/dealer who aren't being fair.

This is really amazingly simple.

Josh

p.s. Nowhere do I say that I'm in favor of this rule. I'm not. I'm also not in favor of 65 mph speed limits. But the speed limit is 'fair'. I'm just sick of the misplaced whining here.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: The Mouth at again

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's poker and it's Vegas. But I'm also not allowed to say f'ck at the blackjack table either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are if you're betting $1000 a hand.