Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: \"Illegal\" rebuy option in party R&A tournaments!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was only at a table once when someone was doing this and I didn't rebuy once yet had the same amount of chips. If some schmuck wants to invest $100 in a $5 rebuy then play sub-optimal poker and give me a great chance to double up on numerous occassions, thats fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can add 1k to my stack every time I declare myself all-in during the rebuy period, there's a good chance I might start playing these tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you have to pay a rebuy each time....

[/ QUOTE ]

bummer
Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i played in a $5 rebuy the other day and took 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 rebuys? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

and by the time i was done before first break, i had 17,000 in chips. i would only use this bug if you had doubled up a few times. then you pound it.

i only got called once, but it was by a T900 stack so i still got T100 and it was not a disaster. the rest of the time i was never called because i chose carefully when to do it..

also, do NOT try this with a chip leader left to act behind you. i saw a player try to emulate and ended up going from T9000 to T1000 on a 46 off.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 AM

I posted about this a while ago The Party rebuy bug

This is Party's response :

'Thank you for contacting us.

With regard to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that a player would be able to rebuy into a tournament should he/she go all-in.

This is not a deformity in the software. This is the way the Rebuy and Addon tournaments have been configured to function.

All the players would be able to do the same. You would be able Rebuy after you go all-in.

However, we would forward your concern to the management so that they can look into the matter. '
Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted about this a while ago The Party rebuy bug

This is Party's response :

'Thank you for contacting us.

With regard to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that a player would be able to rebuy into a tournament should he/she go all-in.

This is not a deformity in the software. This is the way the Rebuy and Addon tournaments have been configured to function.

All the players would be able to do the same. You would be able Rebuy after you go all-in.

However, we would forward your concern to the management so that they can look into the matter. '

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Mike Omalley.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 PM

Why would you email them!? This is the best part about rebuys if you'd think for two seconds. You presume that your skill level is higher than the field (as a 2+2er it'd better be) so you WANT a large stack. I've moneyed over 75% of the time in the 30 rebuy just by rebuying 5 times and cruising in the money, where the first payout slot is enough to cover the buyins and the chance of going deep is much much greater. You're like the kid in class who raises his hand just as the teacher told everyone to leave and reminds him that he hasn't collected or assigned the homework yet. Fools.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM

This made the $2 speed rebuy i played really entertaining.

It seems like an odd bug, but I think it's probably in your favor as the theoretically good player.