Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Not wanting a girlfriend

I haven't read other responses - but I'll put in my two cents -

that's totally cool - you're 23 - you're not old - when I was your age, a girlfriend meant getting engaged and that was gonna interfere with my dreams of making it in a rock and roll band -

I never made it, per se - but I think I'm better off having wasted 6 years trying then sitting around with two kids now wishing I had tried -

there are some good women still out there in your late 20's and 30's - but do me one fav - don't do anything rash like get a vascetomy - cause I think you'll find when you get older your feelings on the topic change, bro...

RB
Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM

notrhing wrong with this. Just be who you are, regardles of whether or not it fits some social mold. The best path to happiness is just being yourself, whatever that is.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 AM

I certainly don't think it's wrong.

It's only been in the past month(after about a year of being anti-female) that I've decided I want to get back in the game.

It makes an easier proposition for you since you have "friends" to take care of your "needs." If you are not missing any of the companionship aspects or the physical aspects, you are not missing much.

That said, you can always change your mind at any time, with no apologies and without warning.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:12 PM

It's not unusual for your late 20's friends to want get married and settle down - especially if they haven't found their future spouse yet. When they do, you will need to find some new friends.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not unusual for your late 20's friends to want get married and settle down - especially if they haven't found their future spouse yet. When they do, you will need to find some new friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely true. It depends on your friends.

When I got married I disappeared for about a month til I got called out by my boys.

Once I realized I was being a douche, I owned up to said douchedness and reinstituted boy's night and things of that nature on a weekly basis. It also required a talk with the woman, who in fact was unaware of said douchedness as well.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:23 PM

I think never being married would get extremely lonely.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 PM

if you've never had a girlfriend then it's not because you don't want to settle down it's because you can't get one. and obviously if you never have a girlfriend then your sex frequency is not going to be that high. so in your case i would say that it's pretty essential for you to get a girlfriend sometime soon.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you've never had a girlfriend then it's not because you don't want to settle down it's because you can't get one. and obviously if you never have a girlfriend then your sex frequency is not going to be that high. so in your case i would say that it's pretty essential for you to get a girlfriend sometime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have had many girlfriends, but I never chose to take it any further. Just because you are co-dependant and need someone else to validate your meager existance, doesnt mean you are better than me. And you using the term "getting a girlfriend" like its some kind of prize, that all men are in competition for, makes me laugh at how [censored] up the women in your life seem to have you. A girlfriend shouldnt be something you have to "try to get" like a toy in a cereal box, it should be someone that enjoy being around enough (more than anyone else in hte world) that you choose to make a commitment too.
Id be willing to bet I have much more regular sex than most married couples, btw.

onto another subject (disappearing friends):
I posted on this before, about how my friends that all get married, basically ditch everyone else, I think I even used the term douche bags to describe them. That is another reason that turns me off to marriage (even though I would make time for them, most dont). Ive called them out on it, and they chose to ignore me which is fine, and Ill be honest, it DID piss me off, but thats fine.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:07 PM

contrary to popular opinion, its possible for 2 different people to have different likes/tastes/opinions and for NEITHER of them to be wrong.

If your friends are hellbent on long term relationships/spouses then good for them. If you're not there, then good for you. No freaks in either camp, just different perspectives stages.

Enjoy Being Single!
ThisHo
Old 09-06-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely true. It depends on your friends.

When I got married I disappeared for about a month til I got called out by my boys.

Once I realized I was being a douche, I owned up to said douchedness and reinstituted boy's night and things of that nature on a weekly basis. It also required a talk with the woman, who in fact was unaware of said douchedness as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. But add kids to the picture and it's a totally different story.