Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Is this standard? I continuously feel lost - two hands

HAND 1: I never bet the flop here. Am I crazy?

HAND 2: I definitely bet the turn. I am more inclined to bet when I have outs, not less. Am I crazy?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 05-13-2005, 02:39 PM

in hand 1, is the flop bet into 3 players w/middle pair good kicker on this board standard? without any reads, I usually check/fold this if UTG/CO bets, and possibly c/r if checked to button and he bets. Granted, I mostly play 2/4 and 3/6 6m, but I'd like to know if this flop bet is standard at 5/10 6m.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Does anyone think check/folding the flop or betting the turn if its checked around is a viable option?
Old 05-13-2005, 02:50 PM

In hand 1, I think the flop bet is good. BD flush+Middle pair and a good chance that you will protect your hand when ahead.

On the turn, I think that a check-fold might be best against two opponents, especially if there is a bet and overcall.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:53 PM

You have connected with the flop and could have the best hand. But, there is a flush draw on the flop. You will be defeated by a lot of overcards. The number of Aces behind you is limited by the fact that better aces would not let you play this hand. If you always check without an ace, people will be less likely to pay you of when you do have an ace.
If somebody behind you has an ace, you'd like to know about it right now.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think check/folding the flop or betting the turn if its checked around is a viable option?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is better to just bet the flop and then be done with it if you get any resistance.

You really don't want to give a free card to someone with KT or something similar. On the turn any 89TQK might give someone a better hand.

But sure, if the flop is checked around (you failed to bet for some reason). Bet on the turn to try to pick up the pot. This can often be done even when you have no hand and no draw. (Especially if they have seen you check/raise some on the flop and the board is very "free from draws".)
Old 05-13-2005, 10:21 PM

Hand 2 is good.

Hand 1 I c/fold the river. There are almost no hands I can reasonably put him on that you beat. You MAY have a little induced bluff equity (so my second choice is c/call), but I think you have almost no value. Are you hoping 66 calls, or a worse 7?