Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 04:20 AM

Default I just went on tilt at NL200 and NL 400 and lost 3/4 my roll

Wow, so much for going to Europe. Pretty disgusting...I think I'm quitting for good. Good luck to you all and thanks for the advice in the past.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: I just went on tilt at NL200 and NL 400 and lost 3/4 my roll

Why quit when you know it was because you were steaming?

If you were a losing player without the tilt you should be quitting.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why quit when you know it was because you were steaming?

If you were a losing player without the tilt you should be quitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because he thinks the mental stress and the incredible lows you can get from poker aren't worth the enjoyment+money?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:44 AM

So sorry to hear. Playing above our ability or tilting is bound to happen sooner or later. Play with caution, I wish I had a while ago.

You'll bounce back tiger.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 AM

Were you on tilt because Michigan lost?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 AM

Good thing for me, I usually don't play while on tilt because i manage to break my mouse first...

My tilt = 1 mouse a month. I think it's a nice insurance.

Don't quit yet. I took 4 months to build a 2k roll out of nothing and myself went to Europe with 3/4 of that just recently. I'm building it back right now at my boring limit. Do yourself a favor, don't quit yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Unless poker reaaally means nothing to you anymore... just take a break and reevaluate on turn, err, i mean, on new year's day.

.fs.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:35 AM

My new years promise is to not tilt.

I have many reminders taped on my screen that always reminds me not to tilt.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have many reminders taped on my screen that always reminds me not to tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too, no tape but a single big crack in my screen that occured after a 50BB in 30 minutes downswing. Wow, i'm not ready for the real downswings... I suck with emotional control lol. Working on it, working on it..

.fs.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 AM

Razazii on PP?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM

To elaborate, I lost 3/4 of the money I keep online (so about 3 grand). I've saved 13k of my winnings in a bank account and refuse to touch that. I'm just utterly disgusted with myself; it's as if I just handed out three thousand dollars to people.

The biggest advice I can offer is something all of you already know: poker is a game done over the long run, and this time period consists of your entire "career." So, if you get "screwed" again and agan and again and again, just fuking stop playing. I put 'screwed' in quotes because you're not really getting screwed over; this is just the nature of the game we play (it's inevitable).

As I sit here now, sixteen hours after my idiocy, I remember that poker is always profitable for me in the long run. But at the time, in my irrationality, I felt like I couldn't sleep before I made some of my losses back. I don't really know how to stress this advice, since I didn't even follow it (and everyone here already understands variance).

Don't ever play above your limits when on tilt; if you're not prepared to do this when playing rationally, why do you think you'll suddenly conquer the above limits in that state of mind? Sure, you could triple up and make everything back; but you'd need to get to lucky to do this. Why would you ever want to put yourself in a position that requires a lot of luck? Part of the reason, the game is profitable for you is b/c other people make this mistake.
Don't play on tilt.
Don't talk in the chat when someone outdraws you. It doesn't make sense. A)It will always make you angrier: if he laughs, says "look who has the money," or even if he doesn't say anything it'll enrage you. B) You're yelling at a guy for putting his money in with a hand that will lose to yours the majority of the time. What the [censored]? It's not his fault he got lucky.

It's the most obvious "advice" in the world. And I somehow forgot it all and threw away three grand. Pathetic.