Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Your Typical Opponent At: _________

One of the keys to holdem to be able to put your opponent on a hand and cause him to make mistakes. This is often opponent/limit dependent. However a lot of the time you don't have a specific read on an opponent because you haven't played enough hands to pick out tendencies etc...

So what I thought we could do is assemble a general profile of the typical opponent @ x level. Basically things you have found to be true from your experience.....

So I will give a shot at starting it off:

The typical opponent at party $25 6-max will call with TPNK but not raise with it.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Your Typical Opponent At: _________

The typical player at nl100 can't fold an overpair on the flop to significant pressure. On full tilt, I find that the typical nl100 player slowplays EVERYTHING. I just love it.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 AM

obvious position raises, draws, and tilt in sngs 100 and under
Old 12-23-2005, 02:50 AM

The typical NL50 6 max player does not understand the value of position and will consistently call raises OOP with marginal holdings.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:30 AM

The typical NL 100 6 max player at the Prima network: 1. doesn't reraise preflop with AA and KK. It's really weird. 2. min raises preflop very frequently. 3. will call all ins with draws frequently.

These are just some things I have noticed at my brief stint of bonus whoring at Bet365. I'm guessing it is due to the fact that to raise more than the minimum, you must type in an amount, hit enter, then press the raise to x button. People are lazy so they don't reraise, then instead minraise, and are more prone to call. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:40 AM

Players at NL25 to NL100 think that overbetting the pot means a player if bluffing. And they slowplay way too much. And don't fold draws no matter what. And they have to see a flop. And they don't fold top pair. And they suck.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:56 AM

at NL25-NL100 They tend think large betting=bluffing. They have to see a flop. They hate to fold top pair. They looooove to slowplay. And they suck.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:24 AM

The typical opponent at 6max 100NL (+200NL) Cryptologic skins, bets amounts that are directly proportional to the strength of their hand.

The typical opponent at 6max 100NL (+200NL) Cryptologic skins, will NEVER fold to any flop raise, but will often fold to a follow-up bet on the turn.

The typical opponent at 6max 100NL (+200NL) Cryptologic skins, will slowplay a set until the turn, and will then min-raise.

Ojo_Rojo