Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Default What was he thinking?

Played in a 16-player, two-table tournament Thursday night. Buy-in was $20. Players started with 2,000 in chips with blinds at 10/20 and doubling every 25 minutes.

Second hand of the night I'm in the small blind with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. There's two callers, so I add ten, and the big blind checks.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and I bet 50. Big blind calls, and the other two callers fold.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and I bet 100. Big blind calls.

River is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet 200 on my straight, and the big blind calls.

I showed my 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the straight, and he says, "I have the straight too" as he turns over 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. WTF?!! He flopped the nut straight and just called the whole way? I asked him, "You just called the nut straight?" And he said, "I like to play conservative in the beginning stages of a tournament. OK!

Seeing him play like that gave me confidence to run over the whole table, and I ended up winning the thing.

(I guess after the river, the nut was 7-8, but he had the nuts going into the last card, and either of us holding 7-8 was highly unlikely.)
Old 12-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: What was he thinking?

Duh. He value called his nuts. What's wrong with that? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: What was he thinking?

i bet he's great to play HU
Closed Thread