Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

I'd recommend setting personal limits on poker play, ie. never play when tired, upset, etc.

Maybe the challenge of playing limit poker was the cause for "the limit addiction"

It seems like you had dominated the no limit games, and perhaps because you weren't winning at limit the challenge appealed to you. Also because you were winning and losing it met the criteria for the maximal addiction. Which could be part of the problem.

A. you probably aren't a high stakes winning limit player

B. you probably could be since you had enough skills to play high stakes no limit

so move up along with your bankroll with no limit, and if you want to play limit start at $.50/1 limit and don't move a limit until you are crushing that limit.

I know that may seem silly to go from playing 100/200 limit
to .50c/$1 but if you aren't a winning player at a game then you're just another donator...

I also blew my bankroll playing a game, that I wasn't good enough/had too many leaks and didn't have the bankroll for.

So I understand where you are coming from....

best of luck to you,

Joseph
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a little break, and worked my next $200 deposit roll up to like 100k in a couple months...

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? did you play a [censored]-load and run hot or did you just forget about bankroll management and run hot?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took a little break, and worked my next $200 deposit roll up to like 100k in a couple months...

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? did you play a [censored]-load and run hot or did you just forget about bankroll management and run hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably all 3
Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 PM

A few posters asked for my stats through PM. I will post it here just so that people can learn from my mistakes. Here are my stats. I put the date range on the x-axis. The first one is for NL and the second for LIMIT. The graphs are pretty self-explanatory. That I [censored] up playing a game I shouldnt have and should have stopped playing after that disastrous night in september. Coming to LIMIT, I have nothing to say except that I screwed up!