Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Postflop Minraises at $200 and $400

I did a search but didn't really find the kind of info I was looking for.

When somebody you don't know much about (i.e. average mediocre player) minraises you postflop in these games what percentage of the times do they have a monster? I was just getting back into the swing of playing today and saw a lot of minraising and it got me to thinking. Is this the big time goods 70% of the time, 80%, 90%, even higher? How often are people making a move with this? How often do they even know what the goods really are?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Postflop Minraises at $200 and $400

Bad players check minraise with sets all the time. They also minraise with top pair, etc. Its like a big neon sign, and they save me a lot of money when they do it. There is a time and place for a minraise, but players who frequently do it are donks who are showing the strength of their hands.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:29 PM

Some people do it alot and you can start to get a read on what hands they do it with, but barring a read....if you folded to EVERY min raise when you didnt have a monster yourself, or odds to draw....you would save alot of money.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people do it alot and you can start to get a read on what hands they do it with, but barring a read....if you folded to EVERY min raise when you didnt have a monster yourself, or odds to draw....you would save alot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I see a lot of minraising with top pair and draws. If you folded one pair every time you got minraised, you would be leaving a lot of money on the table.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:56 PM

A lot of players will min-raise with a top pair somewhat good kicker type of hands to see "where they are" in the hand on the flop. A min riasae on the turn usually indicate much more strenght than a min-raise on the flop. But again I often do it for the free showdown play...
Old 11-24-2005, 02:47 AM

When I have been playing extremely aggressive, I feel as though I get min-raised way too much on my c-bets.

To combat this, I pussssh with some sort of reads.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:40 AM

In my experience, the check minraise from an average player means 2 pair or better 90%+
Minraises from position are a different story, as they are frequently used to buy a turn freecard.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I see a lot of minraising with top pair and draws. If you folded one pair every time you got minraised, you would be leaving a lot of money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well depending on what you have, you might want to fold to TP, especially when theres still a very good chance he has a monster. If theres 50% chance he has KT and 50% chance he has 44 on a T64 flop, then Im folding AT every time if he min raises me.