Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-23-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Columnist Jeff Haney: Looking into the dark side of televised poker to

Columnist Jeff Haney: Looking into the dark side of televised poker tournaments -- grandstanders showing off for the cameras, bugging oldtimers

Jeff Haney's sports betting column appears Monday, Friday (gaming) and Wednesday (poker). Reach him at (702) 259-4041 or haney@lasvegassun.com.

•••
The influx of new players into poker -- many of them young and influenced by TV coverage -- is breeding two varieties of bad behavior at the tables, professional gambler Alan Boston says.

The first, easier to identify, entails showboating by players -- jumping around to celebrate a winning hand, mugging for the cameras, talking trash.

Boston has no use for such players, dismissing them as "media whores."

Rest of the article below:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...519710142.html
Old 11-23-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Columnist Jeff Haney: Looking into the dark side of televised poker to

Some nice exposure for Mason in the article.

PairTheBoard
Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Columnist Jeff Haney: Looking into the dark side of televised poker to

been a big issue for a LONG time - I remember Felicia or someone complaining about how Jim Meehan was stalling during that Orleans tournament - the one they sabotoged - and that he was stalling to get camera time, they thought.

that smelly friggen Brit - what a wanker he turned out to be.

RB
Old 11-23-2005, 10:41 PM

Jim "the nit" Meehan is originally from here, Minneapolis...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:50 PM

I know - I never met him though....I just get tired of spelling Minneapolis -

why couldn't he have been Anoka Jim or St. Paul Jim

RB
Old 11-29-2005, 12:42 PM

It wasn't the Orleans, it was the 2004 WSOP. Jim is a nice guy, I like him a lot, but he does seem to crave the attention.

I've about had it with TV poker. Too much like "pro" wrestling, lol. Had it gone the way of billiards, I'd probably still be a huge supporter, but as things are, I've reverted completely to cash games (this also has to do with my playing style).

While I'm ecstatic some of my tourney friends can make a good living on tourneys-only these days, I cannot.