Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm ok. well a lot of what was said in the OP was wrong, no matter what country, continent or [censored] planet you are on just worry about yourself and make yourself happy.

there are problems everywhere and he may live somewhere that suits him just fine, i congratulate him. there are still problems there. everyone is always so quick to judge only what the see or read yet they don't realize there is no such thing as utopia. the only thing you can do is learn to live together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only commenting on the statement, "theres going to be twice as many problems in any other country".

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any first world country with near as many problems as The U.S.

I've also lived in the States, so it's not just seeing or hearing. But, I do aggree with most of what you're saying, just not that one comment.

Cheers

Edit: France, maybe
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have a higher standard of living, switching between us and Norway for the top two. We live longer, we kill WAY less, we excersise WAY more (less fat/obese). Actually, according to a study, American males are twice as obese as Canadian males, and American women are three times as Obese as Canadian women.

Just to let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Canadian. I just think we're well on our way towards being in the same place. I know we Canadians pride ourselves on being "not American" but I think that with respect to most of OP's points, we are the same, or headed down the same path.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 PM

we should bomb you.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm ok. well a lot of what was said in the OP was wrong, no matter what country, continent or [censored] planet you are on just worry about yourself and make yourself happy.

there are problems everywhere and he may live somewhere that suits him just fine, i congratulate him. there are still problems there. everyone is always so quick to judge only what the see or read yet they don't realize there is no such thing as utopia. the only thing you can do is learn to live together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only commenting on the statement, "theres going to be twice as many problems in any other country".

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any first world country with near as many problems as The U.S.

I've also lived in the States, so it's not just seeing or hearing. But, I do aggree with most of what you're saying, just not that one comment.

Cheers

Edit: France, maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

dear o mighty canada,

please compile a short(long) list of our many problems and send it to us. we value your opinion highly.

sincerely,
usa

ps - thank you for living in our country, it was the best year and half of our life.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KKF,

You complain about americans and the use of white bread as filler, however you say we should try rice that is seasoned with something. Rice by itself is bland thus is it not also a filler.

Obviously your dad hit the wrong person with the baseball bat.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 12-21-2005, 10:55 PM

TIGER!

TIGER!

TIGER!

TIGER.....UPPERCUT!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding me

[/ QUOTE ]

This was also my reaction. Surely people who think "you are what is wrong with this country" are actually what is really wrong with the country!?

I thought Kanes post was funny. If you're healthy and not a lardcake then he wasn't talking about you and you can laugh at it. If you're a fat American slob then you lose, regardless of whether you know it or not.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 PM

Well this is weird, I usually think your posts suck KKF, but I like this one
Old 12-21-2005, 11:42 PM

So...fat, religious, can't cook, and have an accent.

fat I can understand. Can't cook? That's subjective. Bad accents? Uhhh, hard to break. Religious? Nothing wrong with having faith. I can see how discussion in public may bug you though.

All countries that aren't America are perfect.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:17 AM

KKF,

<yawn>