Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Ok, now that I know the meaning of the term....

I recently posted the question asking what the term "sweat" meant. I found that it means to counsel, or assist someone in order to help the player improve. This is what I need! I am reading material and trying to learn, but I'm afraid that I am simply repeating mistakes that I don't know are mistakes. Hence, I'm improving slightly, but might also be unknowingly reinforcing the bad plays due to repetition.

The question is, "How do I find someone willing to sweat me?" I play mostly online, so I think I can access hand histories, but I don't really know what to do to set something like this up. Is there someone out there in 2+2 land that wouldn't mind helping out a poor, unemployed, bald, blind, deaf, one legged, arthritic, constipated, overweight, homophobic, alcoholic, drug addicted dwarf who lives with his parents? Please let me know.

(Some of the above descriptors are not completely true, but I'm hoping someone will feel sympathetic and help out!)
Old 12-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Ok, now that I know the meaning of the term....

You're actually looking for a coach. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Try this search:

Keywords: +coach -"re:" -basketball -football -ncaa -nba

Time: 1 Month

I tried it and it returns some hits that might be helpful.

Regards,

T
Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 PM

The coach that jumps to mind for me is actually a pair of them, at pokerfox.net.

Personally, I can't vouch for their poker playing ability, but I can say that Adam Stemple is part of a really cool pub band. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 PM

What games are you playing? $0.01/$0.02 LHE or $2000 PLO8?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 PM

You can also use this forum for plenty of advice that doesn't require someone in real time to be watching you play.

If you play limit, try the Small Stakes or Micro Limit forums. For No Limit, try the Small Stakes PL/NL forum. For tourneys, try the 1-table tournaments or Multi-table tournaments as appropriate. Also, there are regularly scheduled 2+2 private tourneys where you can play against other 2+2ers for like $10+1 and ask questions.

Post some hands, do it with an open mind, and see what results.

Tips on posting hands:

Tell us what the stakes are, what the blinds are, how many players, and any reads on players (IMPORTANT!) if you have them. Then tell us your position, and the action in front of you as well. Then you might want to tell us your cards too.

Use the converter for online play. It's very helpful.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Use the converter in one of its branched incarnations for online play, if it supports your site. It's very helpful, if it supports your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-22-2005, 12:16 AM

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to figure out how to work the converter and get some hands on here for you to critique. I'm not good at reading other players yet, except for the obvious goons such as myself, but I'll do my best to provide as much info as I can. By the way, although I know it would be a losing proposition in the short-term, how do I find out about the 2+2 tourneys? That sounds like a great way to pick the brains of people who could help me out. Thanks again, you guys are very helpful.