Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-13-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: New version of Party Beta?

so if someone downloaded the old beta, which installed into a separate directory and is basically a separate program, could you then avoid downloading the new beta and just open up the old beta whenever you want to datamine?

Or do you think when Party releases the first version of this beta, will it automatically sniff out any betas installed and delete them?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if someone downloaded the old beta, which installed into a separate directory and is basically a separate program, could you then avoid downloading the new beta and just open up the old beta whenever you want to datamine?

Or do you think when Party releases the first version of this beta, will it automatically sniff out any betas installed and delete them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Important Q I also would like the answer to...
Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually it will move out of beta testing and will become the standard client with a forced "New Version" download.

Let's just say that changes are coming.

Even though it will makes things more difficult for me, I think not showing hand histories for observed games will be good for the games and it is the right thing to do.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? Party has a strict rule against programs that scrape the screen and the .hhf files no longer store any relevant data. Without breaking Partys' T&C there is no way to datamine with the new beta version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a person who wrote such a program realy cares about the T&C?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? Party has a strict rule against programs that scrape the screen and the .hhf files no longer store any relevant data. Without breaking Partys' T&C there is no way to datamine with the new beta version.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about whether they care about it or not. It's about having your account closed for using such an application. Party has shown that they will take steps to close accounts that are using wide spread applications that violate their T&C. People have been warned in the past for other data mining apps such as SimpleMine that violated the T&C.

I can't imagine a large percentage of people are going to want to use a program that runs a high risk of having their accounts closed and possibly having their funds seized.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually it will move out of beta testing and will become the standard client with a forced "New Version" download.

Let's just say that changes are coming.

Even though it will makes things more difficult for me, I think not showing hand histories for observed games will be good for the games and it is the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything that hurts my winrate is not good for the game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about whether they care about it or not. It's about having your account closed for using such an application. Party has shown that they will take steps to close accounts that are using wide spread applications that violate their T&C. People have been warned in the past for other data mining apps such as SimpleMine that violated the T&C.

I can't imagine a large percentage of people are going to want to use a program that runs a high risk of having their accounts closed and possibly having their funds seized.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have no idea how serious mining and using that info is done over the net.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to have no idea how serious mining and using that info is done over the net.

[/ QUOTE ]I gotta admit, you seem a little clueless.

I'm currently running 10 copies of the Party client, each with 4 tables open. Note that I'm NOT logged in. Let's say they "catch" me running this fictitious screen-scraper. Which account are they gonna close? This isn't even the machine I play poker on; it's just a dinky box I leave running to collect hands.
-Sam
Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 PM

About a minute after I got seated at 9 tables it crashed on me.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I gotta admit, you seem a little clueless.

I'm currently running 10 copies of the Party client, each with 4 tables open. Note that I'm NOT logged in. Let's say they "catch" me running this fictitious screen-scraper. Which account are they gonna close? This isn't even the machine I play poker on; it's just a dinky box I leave running to collect hands.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

but isn't it still the same IP address as you play on? or is there some way to run party through a proxy?