Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Snowing out of position

3/6 Triple Draw

I openraise with 2247Q. A pasky but decent player 3-bets me from the button. The blinds fold out. I call. heads up.

I draw 2 discarding the Q and 2 of course as does my opponent. I catch a 2 and 7. I decide to snow.

I think about checkraising, but he won't bet enough times considering he drew 2. so i bet. he calls.

i stay pat. he draws one.

i bet. he calls.

i stay pat. he draws one.

i bet. standard right?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Snowing out of position

If I'm going to do this I would check, hoping to check raise then stand pat or check and if he checks behind just stand pat and bet out.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:23 PM

i think the problem with check raising is that he'll far too often bet with a strong one card draw or pat hand which will screw me more than it'll help me. and if i check and he checks, i'm giving him a free card and it lessesns the effect of the snow imo.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:35 PM

I agree with your first comment about him most likely betting only a good 1 card draw, but in the second scenario where he checks and you stand pat he will most likely have to make a hand to call on the end, he will either assume you tried for the check raise with a strong hand or you are now hoping a made Ten low might hold up. since he also checked and probably needs to draw 2 you wouldn't break this hand but probably would if he bet (I'm assuming this is 2-7, you didn't say) this is where being out of position works to your advantage, when you stand pat he should put you on a weak made hand that if he had bet you would break figuring he had a 1 card draw to a good hand. Which is precisely how you said he would play, if he is a good player he should realize this.

you could also fold if he bets into you, I don't know this guys bluffing frequency in a spot like this though

I'm definetly not a great triple draw player but that is what would go through my head.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:52 AM

While accounting for as many 2's and 7's as you could would indeed make standing pat and snowing a good play headsup, especially with the good possibility he drew 2 bricks on the first draw, the fact that you were 3 bet pre-draw most likely indicates he has both a 2 and a 7. The only other hand with a 2 card draw he might have if he is aggressive is something like 734. Therefore, I would say the snowing equity here is nil.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:04 AM

you'll be suprised how little people will 3-bet with in these spots. also even if he does have a deuce and a seven it still requires him to draw to better than at least a 9, and given the stregnth i've shown, probably and 8.

i'm not quite sure though. thats why i'm posting it.