Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 PM

Default A10o

Table is very loose and bad.

Should i be raising the flop here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 10-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: A10o

Yes, you want to make the blinds face 2 cold.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:00 AM

Looks good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't facing 2 cold.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't facing 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does if he raises the flop
Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 AM

With no real read, Id say u dont have the best hand right now (unless hes donking a bad draw). But....Id probably raise here a couple reasons...I dont think raising to clean up outs by itself is a good reason to do it. I dont like raising just to make the blinds face two cold from my UI ATo.

Id raise if u belive it will give u fold equity if a face card comes on the turn or a free card if u want to take it, and if u believe your chance of being 3bet is low etc. Like say your opponent is betting mid to top board pair w/ a fair/bad kicker...you raise, blinds fold. An Q-A coming on the turn is great for your situation if the blinds fold, u have a number of cards that can be great for applying pressure to Villian, plus u can improve w/ a T.

If this was HU, I might call and raise any face turn. Depends, is your villian a calling station going to showdown no matter what? If not...u have 8 face cards (king/queens) that can give u FE, improve w/ 6 cards (A and a T)...or take a freebie. Could be good. I do wonder if this is an appropriate situation to raise though. Just thinking things through, if your Villian is capable of folding it might be worthwhile.

Edited: Fo' mo' fo' shizzle content
Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 AM

I think the idea was that sometimes you might be right to raise your weak-draws in larger pots in order to knock out opponents and possibly buy yourself some outs. I dont know if it is such a good idea in 1-2 though, since many of them are excellent cold-callers.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:46 AM

The question was "raise the flop?", unless I'm seeing it wrong the blinds would be facing 2 cold if he raises. Wrong?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:16 AM

I'm not sure, but I believe preflop is a marginal raise/call and a borderline fold.

Facing 2 cold is not usually an issue in 1/2. Most of the players that will call for one bet also call for 2 bets.

When you have overcards to a flop and you want to call for a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] outer (hopefully, you're not crippled) you'd rather do so by either A) call closing the action with proper odds or B) call allowing others to call to give you proper odds. The bettor is likely to have you beat and you don't want to attempt any isolation with him. If, by calling, you're concerned about being raised from behind, then you should fold. Raising doesn't alleviate that issue either.

Side Note: A friend of mine is curious as to how much of a true winrate can be obtained playing 1/2. I know the rake is proportionally high for the limit and I don't play 1/2, so I really couldn't help him. Would any of you know of an optimal winrate for that game on Party?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He does if he raises the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I thought you meant preflop :P
Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 PM

True, your bettor friend is likely betting a 9 or 6 here. But if hes willing to fold on the turn when a face card pops up (any queen, King..etc) giving u FE, plus u have 6 overs to improve (if he doesnt have an Ace...but going on loose bad, more likley he has J9, 98, etc).

Pot is 11sbs to u, with no callers in between the bet. I know Im probably behind but if I am, more likley its to a weak hand far more often than a strong one.

I think there is a good case for raising this flop. If your Villian is without an Ace kicker, u have 6 to improve, and maybe 8 cards to bluff w/ if its HU (if he can fold hands).