Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 01:57 PM

Default AQo - Flop multicolour

Im CO with AQo.

Raise preflop and 5people see flop.

Flop: 4s Tc 6h

Someone bets, Call or fold?

Just wanted options... 8 to one on improving.

Thanks,
]Sorry for poorhand history, This one doesnt have them.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: AQo - Flop multicolour

More details on where these people are? Where the bet came from?
Old 05-01-2005, 02:00 PM

Bet come frop early pos 2.

Table is VERY LOOSE, Some players even reraise 48o preflop.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:19 PM

Raise.

You might still have the best hand and raising might buy you a free turn card if you need it. It could also keep your outs clean if someone is holding low/middle pair with a kicker that is one of your cards and will fold if it's two cold to them.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if your reraised call ?

Reraise these Aqo is really killing my BR right now.

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Turn was A, River was Q.
Winner had 64o - Very loose player. </font>
Old 05-01-2005, 02:49 PM

I see some value in raising here but more value in folding. To raise, I would need a pretty nice read on the bettor, I would need to know that he would either fold a piece of the board, or would bet wildly with a hand that I beat. Furthermore, I would need to be pretty sure that the rest of the field is tight enough to fold to 2 cold. This is a lot of information that is hard to come by.

I think people like the raise here because it isolates the bettor. Keep in mind that this will only be useful if the bettor is betting a weaker hand. Otherwise, you are spewing heads up rather than multiway, and there really isn't much of a difference.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if your reraised call ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with this many in the hand you have to protect your hand, you have two overcards and a backdoor straight draw. That's about 3.5 outs against so many, but if your raise can validate a couple more, or buy you a free turn unimproved, then it's worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise these Aqo is really killing my BR right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can't win 'em all. You reraise on the flop and slowdown on the turn when you go unimproved...
Old 05-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Thanks guys,

Well i would have won 2of these AQs out of about 5 so far today.

Lost alot to a full house earlier(Flopped the nuts straight aswell dam).

Thanks all - Will use this advice.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see some value in raising here but more value in folding. To raise, I would need a pretty nice read on the bettor, I would need to know that he would either fold a piece of the board, or would bet wildly with a hand that I beat. Furthermore, I would need to be pretty sure that the rest of the field is tight enough to fold to 2 cold. This is a lot of information that is hard to come by.

I think people like the raise here because it isolates the bettor. Keep in mind that this will only be useful if the bettor is betting a weaker hand. Otherwise, you are spewing heads up rather than multiway, and there really isn't much of a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a rather large pot and rather ragged flop to be folding don't you think?

It might be better to call, I just like a raise in this situation, but I cannot see the value in folding to an unknown in this pot.

That guy could be betting a whole slew of hands in this spot, and with no read that only increases the number of possible hands and would certainly keep me in the hand.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a rather large pot and rather ragged flop to be folding don't you think?

It might be better to call, I just like a raise in this situation, but I cannot see the value in folding to an unknown in this pot.

That guy could be betting a whole slew of hands in this spot, and with no read that only increases the number of possible hands and would certainly keep me in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. We are geting 8:1 and if we have 6 good outs, and I doubt we do. Therefore, in the best case scenario, in which no one raises behind us, a call is marginally correct here. This pot is by no means huge, anyway.