Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 AM

Default K9 in SB, crazyhuge pot that made me nauseatingly uncomfortable.

Reads:

BB is a total fish, who is getting looser and more aggressive as he goes on tilt. he claims to play 40/80 and 100/200, so this chip dumping exercise was "leakage". That said, he wasn't playing well postflop either. 60/36/3 over 111 hands.

CO is a twerp who had made very little moves at the table, he certainly hadn't shown down any winners despite going to showdown fairly frequently. His aggression was notably higher than most twerps. Basically 40/8/2.5 over 60 hands or so.

Button is a suuuuuuper fish. He has got sh*t for brains and nothing in his guts because he can't afford to eat after all the money he loses at poker chasing cards and raising with weird hands. 53/1.5/0.8 over 63 hands.

I was suitably uncomfortable this hand. Can you help me? comments on all streets except PF where i think i pwned.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB
Feck me that's a big pot.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: K9 in SB, crazyhuge pot that made me nauseatingly uncomfortable.

What a pot.
Well, your flop checkraise didn't really work, did it? At least your turn 3bet checkraise got someone out. I think the key here is, what is the CO aggressive with? I mean, does he go nutso with ANY piece of the board or draw?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:54 AM

speeeeeewwwwwwww

your uber gutless fish button comes alive in this hand...if I dont dump it on the flop when it comes back to me for 2 more, then I definitely get rid of it on the turn.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 AM

yeah. this isn't pretty.

it's possible you have 0 outs here.

a 9 gives a straight for someone with a T.
a T gives a higher straight for someone with an A.

I know they're pretty crazy, but are they really all going this nutso with AQ or K8 or other hands that you actually beat?

even getting 10 to 1 I can't see how you can call this river.
And I certainly can't see calling 2 more cold after that.

But your reads on them were super-fishy so perhaps they really are inclined to bully like this while holding Q4 or something.
But if it really is going to be +EV then it barely makes it there (and I don't think it does) and against these guys I would have to think there are better times to pick your battles and that it's not necessary to go to war in this one 'just in case' you actually were to have the best hand.

It almost looks like the crazy, fishy action of the previous hands helped you to get carried-away in this one (believe me, I am VERY familiar with that)
Old 12-15-2005, 06:29 AM

Real tough hand, Button doesn't raise much so no preflop action makes sense.

Co is aggressive, but his high AF is over a small sample size as is buttons.

When its two back to you on the flop and you have well probably 0 outs i think you may need to drop it.

Although it feels weak vs these villans, i just don't know how comfortable i am playing this hand from there onwards and that would affect my play for the worse.

I'd prob miss value bets due to fearing losing the huge pot and lose big other times.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:19 AM

Fold the flop when it's 2 back to you.

Your turn 3-bet might make the highlights as 'the worst 2+2 play of the week'.

When someone leads into 3 people on the turn, including a flop capper, you can be pretty sure he's strong and not making a move.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:57 AM

How could you ever think you're good on this flop, or at least good by the showdown?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re:sults

Thanks for the replies folks, by the time the turn action came in my brain was just like "you're a tosser. wtf are you doing, pete, you're a frigging fish".

Results in white:
<font color="white"> Superfish button shows Kh3h for the top pair no kicker. what a flop to cap.

CO shows QJ for the slightly unlucky river suckout by me - MHIG and i rake in a 29BB pot showing there's no justice in the world.

In my defence, I ignored button's play totally as he was a tool. it was CO that scared the living hell out of me, but i hoped that villain wasn't capping the turn with a T, so when i spiked kings up i felt it mas good 1 in 14 times.

I didnt expect to see AT in CO's hand as that would be an openraise. I was surprised to see QJ wasn't.</font>

So there you go. Pete the fishy fish.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:09 AM

That is absolutely freaking insane.

NH!!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 AM

Well played.