Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-10-2005, 05:31 PM

Default A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop.

About 8 or so years ago I was working in NYC at a nightclub where I was the doorman (that’s a different story I'll share with OOT sometime in the future). This thugged out "goomba" with tacky clothing showed up at the packed door with a pack of guys demanding to come in. I turned him down because from his appearance he was wrong for the vibe of the club inside, until the club's promoter ran outside to explain that this knucklehead was his special guest for the evening. That’s how I first met Lillo Brancato, he was always very polite even though I first turned him down at the door, perhaps it was partially respect, I'll never know for sure.

Lillo had just finished shooting the Crimson Tide; this was a few years after he played Robert Dinero's son in A Bronx Tale. His crowd was horrible... straight up tugged out wanna be mobsters. I vaguely recall seeing one of his boys flash a weapon once (don't remember what type however), and another time I got in the middle of a drunken brawl Lillo was in (he held a broken bottle of vodka in his hand; it could have been very bloody if we didn't step in to diffuse the scenario).

I was never a fan of Lillo's, to be honest he scared me a bit. He liked that mobster lifestyle a bit too much, which is dangerous because only the wannabe members of the mafia ever act up like Lillo did... and they are generally the most dangerous because they feel as if they have something to prove. If you remember the firebombing scene in A Bronx Tale, this was exactly the kind of shenanigans I expected from him and his friends, a powder keg waiting to explode.

With the exception of his year on the Sopranos, I haven't seen Lillo in at least 5 years if not more. Today I was reading CNN when I discovered he was shot during a break in robbery by an off duty police officer. Lillo or his accomplice had shot the police officer first, Officer Daniel Enchautegui died from his wounds but managed to fire off 4 rounds in to one of them, and 2 into the other.

I don't know what to say... a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago. My heart goes out to Officer Daniel Enchautegui's family, he was a very brave man. - Link for the CNN report

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop.

damn.. why couldn't he just watch his own movie and learn a lesson from it?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. that was pretty bad but i ignored it.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:44 PM

A movie star tried to burglarize a cop's home?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part about when he held a broken bottle of vodka? He tried to stab the other guy. There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:12 PM

my heart bleeds for your man-crush
Old 12-10-2005, 06:27 PM

So he kind of scared you, and you don't really like him or his friends...yet you hung with him or around him for 3 years? THis is due to the club you worked, or you hang with him outside of work also?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:37 PM

Soon to be "Ripped From The Headlines" on L&O. But of course any resemblence to anyone living or dead will be purely coincidental.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually, i don't get it ... maybe if you told us more we'd understand the point of the original post, particularly what, if anything, you could have done to change things.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

the obvious similarity is that both groups tend to have exaggerated notions of their own importance.