Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Default I offer a possible solution to Party\'s Player Point bonuses

Most of us received popups on October 5th that looked something like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Party Points for Cash has returned for a limited time and this is your opportunity to cash in on the excitement at PartyPoker.com!

Earn 730 Regular Points between October 5th and October 31st and you can earn $50 in cash.

You have earned XXXXXX regular points so far. You still have to earn 730 regular points by October 31st to be eligible. Be sure you don't miss out!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Not mine. Copied from another post in this forum*

My theory behind how these bonuses will work is as follows. Keep in mind it is on theory and I could be wrong. I have nothing to back this up.

My fear is that what they did was simply calculate how much you averaged playing the past few months and then put together an offer that requires you to play slight more than your average to reach your goal and earn your bonus. It is also my belief that this goal will continue to get larger and larger each month because as you clear your current month, you will be pushing your average higher for the next month. This would continue each month until you reach a point where you simply can't go any higher.

It seems the people who have not played in a while received deposit bonuses with varying percentage for a max of $100. I believe this is to lure them back. For those who were already playing, we received vastly different bonuses of different sizes (probably based on how much we play monthly or <insert time period here&gt. Not everyone was happy with the offer they received. Reasons may be different for each player.

I propose Party do it differently. I am trying to find a solution that would work both for Party and the Player. Here is my proposal:

For those who have not played in recent months, I propose Party continue with the "Welcome Back" bonuses that lure a customer back with a deposit bonus for a max of $100. I think those work great for that situation.

For all players that are not eligible for the "Welcome Back" bonus, I propose each player receive a new popup the first time they log in each month with ALL of the different bonus offers available to them. Then the user simply selects which bonus they want to shoot for that month. Then, that is their "bonus contract" for that month.

Lets walk through it.

They first time I log in next month I get a popup with about 10 different bonuses available in November. The small one could be just like the one I quoted above. The large one could be like another I saw where you have to play 30,000 hands. All others would be somewhere in-between.

Lets for example say I choose to play earn 2000 player points for a shot at a $200 bonus (number made up for sake of example). This becomes my "contrat" for the month of November. Now every time I log in, I see a popup that says something similar to, "You have chosen the $200 bonus for the month of November. You need to obtain 2000 points before your bonus will be credited to your account. You have earned xxx points so far".

Then in December you get a new "contract" popup again with all ten choices available. You can choose a "new" contract for that month.

In my mind, this bonus would be perfect for each player. Lets say a player goes on vacation for the first week in Novermber. When this person returns, he can choose a bonus that is actually attainable for the time that he/she has remaining. Then next month he can step it up again and go for the bigger one. If each player chooses their own bonus, everyone is happy.

I think this works from a "Player" perspective. My real question is, does this also work for Party? I say it does. Players are happy choosing their own bonus which is effect is their own "rakeback" terms and it's also something they think they can acheive. Players will try to pick the maximum choice they think they can do each month. Isn't this exactly what Party wants? Don't they want to push the limit for each player? Is there anything I am missing that would make this solution not work for Party?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: I offer a possible solution to Party\'s Player Point bonuses

[ QUOTE ]
Most of us received popups on October 5th that looked something like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Party Points for Cash has returned for a limited time and this is your opportunity to cash in on the excitement at PartyPoker.com!

Earn 730 Regular Points between October 5th and October 31st and you can earn $50 in cash.

You have earned XXXXXX regular points so far. You still have to earn 730 regular points by October 31st to be eligible. Be sure you don't miss out!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Not mine. Copied from another post in this forum*

My theory behind how these bonuses will work is as follows. Keep in mind it is on theory and I could be wrong. I have nothing to back this up.

My fear is that what they did was simply calculate how much you averaged playing the past few months and then put together an offer that requires you to play slight more than your average to reach your goal and earn your bonus. It is also my belief that this goal will continue to get larger and larger each month because as you clear your current month, you will be pushing your average higher for the next month. This would continue each month until you reach a point where you simply can't go any higher.

It seems the people who have not played in a while received deposit bonuses with varying percentage for a max of $100. I believe this is to lure them back. For those who were already playing, we received vastly different bonuses of different sizes (probably based on how much we play monthly or <insert time period here&gt. Not everyone was happy with the offer they received. Reasons may be different for each player.

I propose Party do it differently. I am trying to find a solution that would work both for Party and the Player. Here is my proposal:

For those who have not played in recent months, I propose Party continue with the "Welcome Back" bonuses that lure a customer back with a deposit bonus for a max of $100. I think those work great for that situation.

For all players that are not eligible for the "Welcome Back" bonus, I propose each player receive a new popup the first time they log in each month with ALL of the different bonus offers available to them. Then the user simply selects which bonus they want to shoot for that month. Then, that is their "bonus contract" for that month.

Lets walk through it.

They first time I log in next month I get a popup with about 10 different bonuses available in November. The small one could be just like the one I quoted above. The large one could be like another I saw where you have to play 30,000 hands. All others would be somewhere in-between.

Lets for example say I choose to play earn 2000 player points for a shot at a $200 bonus (number made up for sake of example). This becomes my "contrat" for the month of November. Now every time I log in, I see a popup that says something similar to, "You have chosen the $200 bonus for the month of November. You need to obtain 2000 points before your bonus will be credited to your account. You have earned xxx points so far".

Then in December you get a new "contract" popup again with all ten choices available. You can choose a "new" contract for that month.

In my mind, this bonus would be perfect for each player. Lets say a player goes on vacation for the first week in Novermber. When this person returns, he can choose a bonus that is actually attainable for the time that he/she has remaining. Then next month he can step it up again and go for the bigger one. If each player chooses their own bonus, everyone is happy.

I think this works from a "Player" perspective. My real question is, does this also work for Party? I say it does. Players are happy choosing their own bonus which is effect is their own "rakeback" terms and it's also something they think they can acheive. Players will try to pick the maximum choice they think they can do each month. Isn't this exactly what Party wants? Don't they want to push the limit for each player? Is there anything I am missing that would make this solution not work for Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take rakeback.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:41 PM

It sounds interesting, but that's assuming that they think those people won't return unless they're offered something. I don't think party really cares about rewarding it's players. I'd like to know how many people returned after they booted the skins.

I'm still waiting on a return email from the bonus people explaining what the "high volume" rewards is.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you are following along, but there IS NO rakeback at Party!

I am a QA tester. That is my job. One thing I have learned is the whining does no good. If you have a problem with the way something is done, you should aid by providing a solution that will make things better. I was trying to find something here that will help both Party and each player.

I firmly believein my solution each player would try to play his or her own "max" according to his or her own situation. I feel this is exactly what Party is looking for. They want to extract the most play out of every player. By doing it this way, the player sets his own terms based on the affers available. Party could list 10 options (or whatever) and have codes for each offer. Then each player could sign their account and go to the bonus section and enter the bonus code in each month. Then the rest can be automated on Party's end. As a player, I would be happy with this. I am trying to find out if Party would also be happy with it. What am I missing. It sounds like a Win-Win solution.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. The offer they gave me would require that I play about 5 times as much as I usually do. (Not only 5 times my usual play on party, but 5 times my usual play on party+skins.)
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. The offer they gave me would require that I play about 5 times as much as I usually do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. They gave you something that was higher than you usually play to get you to play more. You probably didn't like their offer and will blow it off. Had you been given a choice of offers, you probably would find one that fits your situation.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like a Win-Win solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a situation that not only cost Party more money but also a solution where the players end up with less money compared to rakeback.

Anyway, I'm sure we will have a better clue what happens in a few week. People will have made up their minds about where they want to play and hopefully Party has made up their minds what they want to do.

I'll be where I think I can make the most $/h. Don't really know where it will be though.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:44 AM

I like my suggestion better. See My idiea

One of the problems with the pay for points schemes is that it also has a limiting effect. Under your idea, presumably, the best opion would be to choose the highest number that will give you a good reward, but that also is not a strain to make. So you hit that number and think gee, I'd like to hit another 4-5k hands this month. Are you going to play them at Party for no reward since you've already hit your number or are you going to go somewhere else to bonus whore or play under a RB deal? Is it good for party to set a number for you that will give you an incentive to go play elsewhere once you hit it?

And the first time you miss play 35k hands and still miss your number because things came up and you couldn't get the 42k hands you signed up for, you're going to be really pissed and looking to play somewhere with a better rewards system.

--Zetack
Old 10-15-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My fear is that what they did was simply calculate how much you averaged playing the past few months and then put together an offer that requires you to play slight more than your average to reach your goal and earn your bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't play at all on Party in the last five months, and my offer was for about $500. I did play quite a bit on Eurobet, but I averaged significantly more hands a month there than it will take to meet this requirement.