Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 AM

Default TPTK on a 3-flush flop

Opponent is loose and pretty aggressive preflop, but I haven't seen many of his hands shown down. A few hands ago, he made a huge limp-reraise with AK, checkminraised a tiny bet on K22 flop, and then pushed the turn J.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($785.1)
CO ($496.42)
Button ($596.45)
SB ($594)
Hero ($600)
UTG ($2187.7)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $30, SB folds.

Flop: ($84) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, CO calls $70.

Turn: ($224) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $60</font>, Hero...

How do I play this turn? I'm totally lost.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: TPTK on a 3-flush flop

Between two pair, set and flush draws, I can't imagine what you have much equity against.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:14 AM

I am not comfortable about playing such hands on a 3 flush board, you could very easily be drawing dead. I probably fire on flop ...maaaayyyybe turn against some opponents, then give up.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:56 PM

So should I fold to this tiny turn bet? It could very easily be 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:11 AM

Ugh i really hate this..i would call turn and see what he does on river, just to see what he has. i think this might be a good time to pay a little money to get a decent read.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:49 AM

I think not betting the turn was a mistake. It limits your hand to: AK, KK. That's it. I can't imagine anyone checking here with a set or two pair against a loose player, and now you have to guess what he has out of position instead of forcing him to define his hand, while you've defined yours clearly.

Preflop I think he'd have raised an ace, judging by your description. Set or low flush probably bets more on the turn, although it seems like there is an outside chance he has a low flush and is just a bad player.

So either he has the nuts or this is an intricate delayed bluff with the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] He could also have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jx or something. What do you think? Is he smart lag or dumb lag? Would he take a free card with the lone king? How aggressively does he play with his good hands vs. his bluffs?

Tough spot. Without anymore information I'd just call and try to gauge what he has by his bet size on the river, giving serious consideration to folding. I know this is bad in general against a lag, but just looking at what he might have considered raising preflop, a flush seems like a very distinct possibility.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:08 AM

call and min bet the river

seriously, then fold to a even slightly troubling raise

unless you straight, then check call