Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Default AKo UTG

i limped with AKo with a rich lag businessman two to my left and a tight college kid on the button. I limp, LAg limps, villain raises it to 15 on the button. I call, LAg calls. I have about 180, Lag has me covered and Villain has about the same.

FLop: A93

I lead for 20 since i dont want to check-raise the kid and i want the lag out. I put the kid on some pair like JJ-QQ or possibly AQ or has me tied.

Lag folds, Villian hesitantly calls.

Turn: 7. I check, because if he does have a pair lower than aces, he might check behind and i can probably get a bet out on the river. I plan to stop and go from here.
VIllian bets 25. I call.

River: K. Whats my line and why? Villian is nothing special, probably a little more on the calling side. I have about 100 left at this point.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: AKo UTG

Given the range you put your opponent on, I think that he will check behind if you check to him, so you really need to get a bet out there.

Pot is ~$120 or so I say you bet $60 and call a push.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:35 PM

yeah but he will also fold if I make a substantial bet.

I feel like stopping and going will help me get the most in this situation and lose the least. What would he push with that I am beating?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 PM

The pot is 125 on the river, right? Value bet about 40-50. He's not going to bet it for you if you check, but he will probably call a bet with pot odds.

Kirk R.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:30 PM

so is folding to a raise even an option at this point?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah but he will also fold if I make a substantial bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Half the pot isn't that substantial. Maybe bet less if you think he'll fold to half the pot

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like stopping and going will help me get the most in this situation and lose the least.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stopping and going? Perhaps I don't understand the term correctly. My understanding of a stop and go is....

You bet on a street, get raised, and call. Then lead the next street.

Regardless, Villian will likely call the river with AQ and maybe a PP QQ-TT and may push as a bluff. Honestly, the only hand that makes sense for him to play this way that has you beat is KK, maybe AA.

Is this player capable of the slowplaying AA on this flop? (many would be) Would he call your lead with KK?

[ QUOTE ]
What would he push with that I am beating?

[/ QUOTE ]
AQ (maaaaaybe) and a bluff. If you really don't think he will ever put in a bluff on the river, I suppose you could fold, but it's pretty tough to do that, since you're getting ~4-1 on the call.