Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: trip 9s, how is my line

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I sometimes am not sure where to draw the line because I've already admitted I've never played the micros, but I like responding to hand posts because it gets me thinking. So sometimes my advice may not apply to a level and my bad if it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey shant, I for one am very glad that you're posting a lot in micros these days, just didn't want you to think otherwise.

edited to say or that I thought your post was off in anyway. I'm currently trying to play higher, and I never think about these types of things, even against guys at 1/2 that I have 1000's of hands on, and I'm sure it costs me. I just know that the Full Tilt 1/2 seems in general pretty weak-tightish and I think we're losing a lot of hands with a raise that might call one bet drawing very slim
Old 12-30-2005, 04:45 AM

Cool. Point taken. I'd add that having not raised the flop, OP made a nice play waiting for the river.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:32 PM

I like the flop call to avoid chasing the later players out of the hand or inducing the SB to slow down. Since they fold anyway, I am raising this turn.

SB's 3-bet on the river may mean he also has a 9, or may just mean that after your very slow play he doesn't believe YOU have one and he just hit is KJs for Jacks up. I call.