Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Hands from the Bellagio ME when in a \"short\" stack

without loooking at others reply:

hand 1:
you need to let it go.
he could easily have a a higher pair than yours.or 56 or at worst he may have something like A3 or A4 dimond in which case you are ahead now,but he has too many outs and you only have two.i would let this go.

Hand two:
depend on the kind of read yo have on him.if he is tight or loose.but a raise of 5BB by MP does not suggest a bigger PP than your QQ to me.i would say make it 3K to play and if he comes over the top you can decide then.i really dont think he has a bigger pair than yours though with that big of a raise.

Hand3:
dont invest any more in this hand,your almost deffo behind of all the range of hands the other two guys could have.dont even make a cotinuation bet here cuz i think its just a waist of chips.

hand4:
i dont like just calling here cuz your not closing the action.the last thing you want is just call the raise and the blindes wake up with a monster and come over the top,or even a tricky player squeezes you to make you fold.
its a reraise or fold for me,and seen as i can see any reraise with out getting pot commited here ,its either puch or fold.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
without loooking at others reply:

Hand two:
depend on the kind of read yo have on him.if he is tight or loose.but a raise of 5BB by MP does not suggest a bigger PP than your QQ to me.i would say make it 3K to play and if he comes over the top you can decide then.i really dont think he has a bigger pair than yours though with that big of a raise.

hand4:
i dont like just calling here cuz your not closing the action.the last thing you want is just call the raise and the blindes wake up with a monster and come over the top,or even a tricky player squeezes you to make you fold.
its a reraise or fold for me,and seen as i can see any reraise with out getting pot commited here ,its either puch or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 2, the think you have toget the moneyin short stacked with QQ. Reraising to 3K and pushing any flop may be good. I don't know if the reraise to 3K would look like a big pair, and I don't knowif that is bad. I don't see what's wrong with pushing. You either pick up a 1.6K pot or get all the money is with QQ. You kind of have an awkward stack to reraise. It depends on how villain will react to either raise, both of which look strange.

If you think villain will be very aggressive postflop, then maybe flat call. If you call,I would get the money in on any nonace flop. If an ace hits, I wouldn't necessarily fold either.

Hand 4. AQo is the perfect hand to make a semibluff push and you have the perfect stack size. It is not the kind of hand I want to see a flop with.

If you flat call and someone reraises, I think this is an easy call this short stacked, particularly if the original raiser folds.

Hands 1 & 3 are read dependent and I am not smart enoughto discuss them.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Push
2. Push
3. CheckFold
4. Push

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2005, 10:52 AM

You're that sure you have the best hand in hand 1?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:05 AM

No, you dont have to be "that" sure, im sure enough, and want a stack where I can play some poker.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:09 AM

Unless you think UTG will fold a bigger overpair then I don't see the point in a push in hand 1. When I see UTG limp then explode with a big check/raise on a ragged flop I immediately start wondering what in gods name he limped with. If he's going to play a big-pair that way I can't imagine him folding it. That flop could have hit some of the other speculative hands he limped with. Given his check/raise I think he either has you beat or has a good number of outs against you. I don't think you're way ahead very often. If he's on a draw he's playing it very dangerously, and I think I'll give him this pot.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 AM

1. Fold, for reasons stated.

2. I like a big reraise, to make it look like a steal. Gauge his reaction and go from there. If you push, you are getting good fold equity, but there are more creative and profitable ways to play QQ here. Besides, if he has KK or AA, then you're losing all your chips with a push; with your stack, the luxury of folding to such possibilities is almost out the window preflop, and most of the time on the flop as well. If he decides to call, I'm trying my hardest to get a read if there is a "K" or "A" on the board. I'm probably playing QQ anyway, given my stack size.

3. Blech. The good news is that neither player tried to isolate, so you can rule out AK and perhaps QQ-JJ. Unfortunately, that's just about it! I guess you could bet the pot and hope that somebody thinks you have the KK-JJ. Kinduv a big risk, if you ask me, and everyone knows your short stacked. Move on.

4. Push push in the bush.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:41 AM

Default My actual line in the hands

Hand #1 : After staring at the old guy like 4 minutes, I folded.

Hand #2: I went for the old, lets push to make them think you have AK and be called by 88-JJ; but the guy folded.

Hand #3: My plan was to make a continuation bet if called in one spot, since I was called by 2 guys, I was done with the hand in the flop and check folded.

Hand #4: I pushed, I thought I had good FE; but David Levi probably thought I was a wild player since he called me with AJ !!
I lost the "race" and that was the end of my tournament.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you dont have to be "that" sure, im sure enough, and want a stack where I can play some poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

you stack isn't desperately short yet, so i don't think you can take too much -EV to try to double up. I think getting allin here would be a negative play. YOu have very little FE, and I think you're pretty far behind his range here. You have to give UTG a good hand here most of the time after that action. if you're "lucky" i think he's got a flush draw with at least 1 over. Quite likely that he either flopped a set, or was slowplaying a big pair preflop where you're drawing very slim. Basically a slightly ahread/way behind spot where you're not getting that great of odds.

btw. any particular reason you didn't raise PF in hand 1? 99 is a very good hand, and it seems strange to just play for a set here.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: My actual line in the hands

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2: I went for the old, lets push to make them think you have AK and be called by 88-JJ; but the guy folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the guys stack size there? I probably push anyways, but would consider calling more if his stack closer to yours. if its 2-3x your stack or more though then it seems you have to push.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #3: My plan was to make a continuation bet if called in one spot, since I was called by 2 guys, I was done with the hand in the flop and check folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you consider limping from EP with this stack size? AQo is one of the worst hands i'd do this with. But i feel like with this stack size its usually much better to limp up front with very strong hands. and it'd be kinda dumb to limp only with monsters and raise with strong but not great hands .