Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM

Default 1st time poster...would like your input

Sup guys, longtime lurker and my 1st post. Just wanna say wussup and take it easy on me in the future if i say anything stupid lol.

Anyways, recently I decided to embark on a "misson" to play 50,000 hands by the end of Novemeber/Decemeber.

I will be playing 3-6 6max, playing 2-tables at once, with a bankroll of 3000.

The reason for this mission is to see if I can maintain a 1BB/100 winrate. While 50,000 hands is definitley not very much, I am doing this because I wanna get an idea of whether I am good enough to even think about playing "pro".

I am very new to 6max play, so I will be posting frequent updates ( trouble hands etc..), so I am hoping if any of you SH veterans can advise me on my play in the future. I really want to excel at short handed play, so any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering what kind of stats would you like to see me put in my future updates inorder to help you give me better advice.

- take care
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 1st time poster...would like your input

Nice first post- welcome.

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering what kind of stats would you like to see me put in my future updates inorder to help you give me better advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd worry a lot more about those trouble hands than your stats fwiw. Its a lot easier to find a leak by posting hands and reading posted hands than by analyzing stats.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:03 PM

Agreed. I think stats can be somewhat overrated. What I mean is (and others have posted this out... I'm totally unoriginal like that) don't try to tailor to hit certain stat ranges. Analyze your play, especially on a per hand basis, and see how your stats converge.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:07 PM

Welcome! I'll reiterate what everyone else says, stat posts are overrated. You'll get better a lot faster by posting difficult hands in SS and HUSH, and even more important, actively contributing to other people's hands as well. Even if you're completely off base and people call you a moron, you just learned something new that you didn't before.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 PM

thanks for the reply guys, just wondering, would u like me to put my future hands in this thread? or would u like it in a complete new thread.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 PM

New thread for sure.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:41 PM

Yeah new thread is the best way, for stat posts as well. That way, more people get to read them etc, because I doubt all the readers of the forum bother to go through all the updates in one thread but rather read a new one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]